Notary Rotary
Contracts
Notary Discussion History

Contracts
Go Back to January, 2004 Index

Posted by Tina_MA on 1/8/04 6:10pm
Msg #578

Contracts

I wanted to share some info regarding the contracts that we sign with SS and the like. I was informed by my attorney that I should have been requesting signed copies of all contracts sent back to me.
By me just sending the signed contracts to these co's but not asking that they actually sign them and return them leaves me with nothing. In order to enforce a contract you MUST have a copy signed by both parties, not just yourself.

I would suggest that you make certain that you have signed contracts returned to you and keep them. You'll never know when you'll need to enforce that contract to compel payment.

Reply by Anonymous on 1/8/04 8:32pm
Msg #579

that is a very great point to bring up, i appreciate that tip.

Reply by Anonymous on 1/8/04 9:25pm
Msg #580

Wouldn't the order sent to you by the signing company be "contract" enough? Offer + Acceptance = Contract

Reply by Anonymous on 1/13/04 7:26am
Msg #619

sure, that's what one would think right? But now you have to take that contract to small claims court, pay the filing fee, go through the hassle, unless they owe you a bunch of money, its not worth the trouble. I just typically stop accepting assignments for companies with a bad pay history. Tired of chasing people for $50 or $100. Just not worth the effort.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.