Go Back to January, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 1/15/04 3:42pm
Msg #655

Nations Direct experiences anyone?

any feedback appreciated

Reply by Roger/OH on 1/15/04 5:32pm
Msg #659

Some other replies below.

ND has been around a long time and was once one of the best out there - then my favorite company. Unfortunately, instead of helping raise the industry bar, they have reduced themselves to lowering it by being one of the first companies to go to $40 (along with their sister company Global Notary); lots of faxbacks as well. I felt as badly as if I'd broken up with a girl when our relationship was sullied because of their decision.

Reply by Anonymous on 1/15/04 7:44pm
Msg #663

I was told by Nations Direct that the fee reduction to 40.00 was a temporary thing and possibly would be re-adjusted later. This is probably a lie or somthing to pacify us into keeping quite. I know a lot of sining agents were screaming bloody murder. Everytime they call I ask them about the fee --when it will return to the previous amount and I usually get some evasive answer. Some of the staff said they deal with the fee issue all day long. Every agent that calls in complains. The staff is very nice and helpful and they do seem to pay on time however, they like to babysit you. A agent must call in from the appointment and tons and tons of fax backs. Even and you have proven your ablity to produce perfect documents and you are reliable witht the assigned appointments they will not loosen the rope. We are treated an inexperienced green signing agents with very low pay.

Reply by BostonNotary on 1/15/04 10:33pm
Msg #669

We can up the bar ourselves...my non-negotiable minimum charge is $75.00. Period. You get what you pay for. End of discussion. This is a market economy, people. Don't accept $40 or $50. It's preposterous!

Reply by Adria Henslick on 1/21/04 7:24am
Msg #702

They kept me busy when I first started. We had a discrepency of $30 & I had conifrmation for proof. When I challanged them, they refused to pay the difference and they took me off their list. Prior to that I thought they were ok. Just cover yourself.

Reply by Roger/OH on 1/21/04 2:23pm
Msg #714

If you have a confirmation, I would take that issue directly to Jeff Stone, the President. They may not pay well anymore, but I've never known them to be dishonest.

Reply by ND Fax Queen on 1/15/04 9:12pm
Msg #666

You're right about Nations Direct wanting to pay $40.00. I turned down the job. They called back the next day and offered $50.00. Guess they couldn't find anyone willing to do the work and spend 20- 25 minutes faxing back documents and call before and after the signing.

Reply by Gene - Minnesota on 1/19/04 11:43am
Msg #690

I know how you feel. Been working with them for five years. Turned down a "rush" signing today for $40.00.
I even talked to them about it. I think they use only beginning signing agents. It is a great place to start. They will walk you through. But once you have experience and can command larger fees, they fall off the table.

Reply by EX ND Fax Queen on 1/19/04 8:53pm
Msg #693

ND called again today to discuss a signing. After confirming my availabilty for the time and day he said " so can you do this for $40.00?. I replied "No Way". Does the caller get the pocket the money they save on notary fees?.

Reply by SL on 1/22/04 7:38pm
Msg #731

These people(ND) suck , and as long as they continue ripping off notaries they will allways suck!!!!! 50$ is kinda a joke these days, but 40$ is no short of stealing in my mind!I will never say yes to these snakes!

Reply by dj on 1/23/04 12:43am
Msg #733

I throughly agree with you. They think that just because things slowed down a little for a couple of months they have us over a barrel. They only way we will raise the standards is to get the word out, so that NO ONE says yes to them.

Reply by SL on 1/23/04 7:31pm
Msg #738

The word is getting out on these people,I have talked with quiet a few other notarys who hang up on them or laugh at them when they call..if we could only find away to start up a notary union... then I think we would all stop getting screwed over not only by (ND) but all the other signing companys who continue to pay 50$ per signing eventhough the cost of living has gone up every year in my 6 years of doing this , and will only contiue to go up!

Reply by The Enemy on 10/23/04 12:46pm
Msg #10327

your a freaking looser, you don't even need a high school diploma to have your notary public in ca. and some of you other states out there you they might as well come as a prize in a box of cracker jacks. all you do is whine and complain as if you were a bunch of attorneys who had to go to school for 10 years to get your notary. I work for a signing service and we have attorney's that travel 50 mi for $90 and you a bunch of lowly notary's have the gull to sit around and bi**h. even at $40 per closing a good notary should spend no more then 40 min at a closing, some of our better reps can do a closing in under 10 min, so even if your add in an hour of drive time round trip that's still $40 for and hour and forty min of work, I challenge you to name another job where a person w/out a ged or high-school diploma can legally make $20 per hour.

get over your self. and if you really could do a 100 closings and never make one mistake ever then you would not need to fax in, but you just don't want to admit that even though it is a simple and repetisous process (loan closings) notary are still just as absent minded as anyone else and you do make mistakes(missed dates..missed signatures...borrowers signing not as name appears on docs..borrower signing on I wish to cancel on the rtc..incorrect vesting..)
what you don't realize is that signing services are rated w/ there lender, just like you notary's are rated w/ the signing services, but although your mistakes only affect your score the signing company score is affected by 100's of notaries ever day(both experenced and inexperienced) so one mistake may not seem like a lot to one notary, if one in fifty notaries makes a mistake, times that by 500 and that's ten mistakes a day your sending to the lender.
that wont last too long, before your score drops and your company is no longer getting closings. if you don't want to deal w/ signing company's go and market yourself directly to the lenders see how far you get. well I'm at work and I need to get back to what I'm doing, however I just want to say that I'm not trying to be mean or hateful towards notaries you are a vital component to the loan signing process, you are the backbone, that mass common worker who keeps the wheels of the machine turning, w/out you all this would not be passable, however you still have it better than most how work 9-5 for $8 per hour making $64 per day before taxes, when you can do two closings a day and make $80 per day before taxes, and if you want to direct your anger in a constructive way that can make a change and not just create a bunch of useless complain that accomplishes nothing then go after the major lender who set the industry standers for fees. its not like the signing service is making $500 per closing and just choosing to screw the notary's the prices paid are a direct result of an delicate balance of what is paid to the service, and the cost of notary's, employies,overhead,and so on and so on. the signing service has a lot of cost to cover when all the notary has to contend w/ is the rising price of gas. any business where you choose to be an independent mobile contractor, you are going to have to deal w/ the cost of gas that is your portion of overhead, and more so your choice to except by choosing your profession.

The Enemy

Reply by michael on 2/12/05 3:13pm
Msg #20393

i agree with the enemy. us notaries should take all work for $40 if they keep us busy!!

Reply by HisHughness on 2/12/05 3:30pm
Msg #20394

The Enemy says...aw, what the hell, no one could understand his garbled English anyway, even if I quoted it.

It is apparent now -- the poster made no less than eight grammatical, spelling, punctuation or mechanical errors in the first sentence alone -- why some signing services have so little grasp of the realities of life, if that is the caliber of employee they expect to get the work done. Thanks for the post; you've answered several questions that I have puzzled over for the past two years.

I've encountered many dumbasses in my 68 years. Seldom have I run across one who so blithely, blantantly hung his ignorance out for all to see. My guess is you could probably make a living hiring out as an example for parents to show their children the end result of excessive self-abuse.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.