Notary Rotary
Printer for e-docs
Notary Discussion History

Printer for e-docs
Go Back to January, 2004 Index

Posted by Brand New on 1/15/04 10:37am
Msg #648

Printer for e-docs

I am going to begin signing soon. I am wondering which printer to get for e-doc's. I like HP. Will a HP 1200 work or do I need a more advanced like a HP 4200? Thanks for your help. This board is great.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 1/15/04 11:53am
Msg #652

HP 1200 Will Work Fine...

...for e-doc packages. I currently use two HP products; the 1200 printer & their multi-function model 3320. Both have the capability of handling any e-doc situation thrown their way. I'm not intimately familiar with the HP 4200 but judging from an online synopsis I just read, it's a network printer. You may or may not need that capability & will be paying an increased price to have it. JMHO & I hope this helps.

Reply by Brand New on 1/15/04 3:47pm
Msg #656

Re: HP 1200 Will Work Fine...

Thanks for the info. Do I need both printers?

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 1/15/04 5:57pm
Msg #661

No, You Don't Need BOTH Printers...

...especially if you're just starting out. Save your money for other purposes...like marketing yourself.

Reply by Harry [NR] on 1/15/04 4:05pm
Msg #657

Re: HP 1200 Will Work Fine...

We use a number of HP products at Notary Rotary:

HP LaserJet 1300 with extra paper tray (look for these on E-Bay). Very fast and great for e-docs and misc. jobs.. Manual feed usually prints crooked, though, which mainly affects envelopes and single sheets of stationery. All-in-all, a very versatile printer.

HP LaserJet 4100N - the N denotes Network version. Precursor to the 4200. Also very fast, high resolution and versatile. Overkill for a typical signing agent.

HP OfficeJet 5110. All-in-one inkjet-based machine. Great for outbound faxing, some scanning, and a limited amount of color printing.

As far as e-docs go, I believe the newer versions of Acrobat and many of the PCL-based print programs support the pulling of paper from multiple trays based on paper size. So, having a printer with 2 large input trays (like the 1300 with the tray expansion) is a real time saver when letter and legal have not been separated.

Harry

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 1/15/04 5:56pm
Msg #660

Yo, Harry!

Did you receive my e-mail about our Secretary of State's office wanting a copy of your new Notary Journal? I received my copy & it looks fantastic!

Reply by Joan-OH on 1/15/04 7:51pm
Msg #664

I just purchased 2 of the HP3300 for my brother & Niece. Got a great price at Compu-serve. 299 + shipping. I paid $700 for my HP3330 & the only difference was I got a fax & paper feeder on mine. 32 mb ram & pcl5 & pcl6. Just what you need. Best bang for the buck in my opinion. Here is the website

http://www.compu-america.com/prodLG.jsp?fap=bizrate&prodId=f1185497a4.180001

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.