Notary Rotary
VitalSigning
Notary Discussion History

VitalSigning
Go Back to January, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 1/20/04 11:40am
Msg #695

VitalSigning

Has anyone done any work for Vital Signing. I emailed them a question and did not get a response, so I looked in their directory and emailed one of they schedulers that responded right away. She forwarded my query to the accounts manager and after 2 weeks I still have yet to get a response.

Thanks!

Reply by Teresa on 1/20/04 12:42pm
Msg #696

I just did one for them last week.

Reply by MARYANNE PANKER on 1/20/04 11:01pm
Msg #701

EXCELLENT Company to work for!!! Pay on time and always have staff available when problems arise.

Reply by Anonymous on 1/21/04 9:40am
Msg #704

Thank you for the info! I'm filling out an application as we speak:)

Reply by Renay Avila on 1/21/04 9:57am
Msg #707

How much experience do they require, or will they take newbies?

Thanks!

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 1/21/04 11:25am
Msg #710

The main requirement withVital Signing is that you know how much ram your laser printer has. They handle alot of electronic docs & want to be surethat your printer can handle printing out a loan packet that may contain up to 120 pages....and print it out in 15 minutes, not 3 hours. As far as requiring experience - I think it is always better to have some experience under your belt; however, they may work with you if you show initiative and have a printer that meets their standard. I talked to the CEO at the NNA Conference in Orlando last year - I was also curious as to what they were looking for to be considered to work with them.

We often wonder what "they" are looking for - filling out application after application...I think we should consider who we want to work for/with and do a little work checking them out before we are placed in a position where we are out money owed!

Reply by Renay on 1/21/04 12:29pm
Msg #712

Thanks for the info!

Reply by Stephanie S. on 1/21/04 2:22pm
Msg #713

Renay

If you want to work with VitalSigning.....know what the RAM (they like to know that you have at least 16) (8 may work) is on your printer. Also, they want to know that you have a PCL5 or PCL6
I have info at home and can respond tomorrow.
I took so many notes as the CEO was a presenter at a workshop - all that info is at home....I'll bring it in tomorrow.

Stephanie

Reply by Renay on 1/21/04 3:06pm
Msg #715

Re: VitalSigning - info

Thank you so very much! I would greatly appreciate that and will gladly return the favor in kind.

Best regards,
Renay

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 1/22/04 10:51am
Msg #722

Good Morning

Valuable information in talking to Mr. Cory Barber, President and Owner of Vital Signing Inc. at the 2003 NNA Conference in Orlando, Florida:

What they look for in Signing Agents:
Capability to print e-docs
The feel it is so important to reinvest in equipment - Mr. Barber leans towards Hp Laser Printers with a PcL 5e or 6 level.
PRINTER SPECIFICS:
**The printer should have no less than 8 megs of RAM , preferable 16 megs or more.
**Should have a PcL 5e or 6 level.
**Two paper trays is best to accommodate letter & legal pages, as most loan packets contain both letter & legal size pages.
**Cable or DSL
Mr. Cory Barber strongly feels that if Notary Signing Agents cannot print e-docs, they will be left behind. He emphasizes the need for proper equipment.
Although he favors Hp printers, I think any printer that meets his company's specifics will work.
He indicated that MultiFunction Machines do not have the RAM to be able to handle the printing of e-docs in a timely fashion, especially since two copies will be printed (one set for the borrowers).
There is an e-doc fee ranging from $25 - $40.
**Additionally Vital Signing, Inc. along with other companies look for experience, professionalism, and certification.
**It is so important to be reachable to accept assignments.
**Communication with the assigning company is crucial at all times.
**FLEXIBILITY: Be ready for the end of the month "blitz".
Reinvest in your business with quality equipment.

I hope this helps.
Many companies are at the conferences and I'm sure Mr. Cory Barber will be at the upcoming conference in Philadelphia, PA in June.
He is part of a small group of Industry Experts that heads up a presentation.

Have a great day
Stephanie

Reply by Ed McCardle on 1/22/04 4:25pm
Msg #727

Yes, Cory wants you to buy a $3000 laser printer so you can print the Ameriquest docs
that they have and call you with only one to three hour notice!!!! nuff said.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 1/22/04 5:38pm
Msg #728

Ed - I haven't done signings through Vital Signing....I was just giving some info.......I am aware of the cost of the printer he recommends. One to three hour notice would not work for me!

Thank you for the info.

Reply by Renay on 1/22/04 5:47pm
Msg #729

That's pretty steep when you're just starting out. Any suggestions for an alternative printer?

Reply by Joan-OH on 1/22/04 9:34pm
Msg #732

I have an HP3330 ($700) & my brother has an HP3300 ($300) & neither of us has ever had a problem printing Vital's documents.

Joan-OH

Reply by Renay on 1/23/04 9:49am
Msg #736

RE: Printers

I appreciate the info on the printers. Thanks!

Reply by Terri - CA on 1/25/04 7:47pm
Msg #762

Re: RE: Printers

I have an HP 1200se, it's been discontinued, replaced by the HP1300 a great laserjet! Less expensive than the HP3300/3330. However, it does not have scanning or fax capabilities.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 1/26/04 2:08pm
Msg #768

Re: RE: Printers

Terri
Do you just have one paper tray with the Hp1300?

Reply by Patricia Gould Evans on 1/22/04 10:37am
Msg #721

I did an email doc signing for them last week. All went well. They have not paid yet but it's only been a week. I did not get a pay schedule when I took the job. My mistake, but I have heard only good things about them. They actually found me before I signed on with them.

Reply by Patricia Gould Evans on 1/22/04 2:51pm
Msg #723

I did a signing on Jan. 10th for Vital Signing. Received check today.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.