Notary Rotary
For anyone who has business cards
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Anon on 8/18/05 10:37pm
Msg #60090

What exactly can you advertise or not advertise on your business card ie: Notary Public, Mobile Notary, Notary... or am I just being paranoid and you can advertise whatever title you want.

Reply by John_NorCal on 8/18/05 10:46pm
Msg #60095

Advertise whatever you like as long as it doesn't conflict with your state law.

Reply by DonnanorthernCA on 8/19/05 12:19am
Msg #60125

John what part of Northern CA are you in?

Reply by Martha_AZ on 8/18/05 10:46pm
Msg #60096

I now use the National Notary Association's business cards with their logo and "Certified Notary Signing Agent" listed on the card. It looks good and professional. Started off with Staples cards, the NNA logo and "Notary Signing Agent."

Reply by MelissaM/FL on 8/18/05 10:47pm
Msg #60097

I have two business cards. One has my company name and my name with contact information (phone, address, email). The other card has my company name and information about other services I provide since I also do freelance paralegal work.

In Florida, one can use the title "notary public", but it cannot be translated into spanish or any other language. I believe that a notary public in spanish is similar to an attorney, at least in perception. I do not have notary public on either business card, although I do list my certifications after my name.

Of course, since my business name includes the word notary in the name, I don't really have to worry about telling people I'm a notary. The name does it for me.

Reply by Anony on 8/18/05 11:01pm
Msg #60110

Thanks Everyone!!! I appreciate the help... I am being creative and making my own business cards and I was just covering my bases. :0)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.