Notary Rotary
California Driver License Information Needed
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Harry [NR] on 11/13/05 12:26pm
Msg #76252

We are in the process of writing a basic notary training manual for California notaries and will be including a cartoon-like image of a California Driver license. What we have so far is based on pictures we've found on the Internet. However, due to small inconsistencies and image quality, we are left with two questions:

1) What color is the driver license number ordinarily? It is printed immediately below DRIVER LICENSE. Green or red?

2) How does the bottom-most line read? It appears to be the date of issue in mm/dd/yyyy followed by a numeric sequence, a couple letters and another month/date. Do any of these relate to the expiration date and/or DOB printed below the small picture?

Can a California notary shed some light on this by referring to their own license?

Thanks,
Harry
Notary Rotary, Inc.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 11/13/05 12:54pm
Msg #76256

Harry: The driver license number is in red. The bottom most line is the date of issue but I can't relate to the rest of the numbers. Mine reads 06/08/2005 560 31 FD/10. Perhaps some code for the DMV that issued it?

Reply by Jenny_CA on 11/13/05 1:37pm
Msg #76263

Husband's : 04/12/2005 505 38 FD/10
Mine : 01/17/2003 235 RB FD/07

Sample from ID Checking Guide: 04/21/2001 699 AW/AC FD/99

Reply by Harry [NR] on 11/15/05 12:51am
Msg #76623

Thanks all for the CA Driver License info

I think what we have now will work.

Harry
Notary Rotary, Inc.

Reply by SLM_CALIF on 11/13/05 5:30pm
Msg #76290

Good question Harry. I'm sure those characters next to the issue date mean something. I thought perhaps the last two characters FD/09 meant the expiration year. But I was wrong. I compared my DL with my mom's and it didn't make sense at all. Both of them expire in 09. But apparently that isn't what it stands for. Then I thought the next characters 14 were the first two numbers of the License number itself. But that wasn't true either. So I'm baffled and I went to ask jeeves and to CAL DMV website and could not find anything that would tell me what the letters stand for. Let me know if you ever find out what they mean. You have me curious now, so tomorrow I will be calling the local DMV dept and asking them what those letters/numbers stand for. I'll let you know if I find out first.

Reply by Jon on 11/14/05 9:43am
Msg #76331

The numbers at the bottom have to do with the office that issued the license, the date issued, and other confidential info I'm not allowed to elaborate on. For the purposes of a notary guide, they are irrelevant.

Reply by HisHughness on 11/15/05 7:37am
Msg #76643

The poster says:

***Harry: The driver license number is in red. The bottom most line is the date of issue but I can't relate to the rest of the numbers. Mine reads 06/08/2005 560 31 FD/10. Perhaps some code for the DMV that issued it?***

06 = The number of lattes the Californian must consume before reaching a nominal level of functionality.

08 = The number of lattes the the Californian's bladder will hold before irrigating a Borrower's carpet.

2005 = The year in which the Californian hopes to finally migrate to Texas.

560 = The number of times the Californian has been gently but firmly turned back at the Texas border.

31 = The number of IQ points the Californian must improve before meeting the minimal standards required for California expatriates to Texas to reach the IQ level of the average Texan.

FD/10 = Represents the estimated number of days the Californian was playing with a Full Deck during the preceding 12 months. The cited number is a rarity; research has found that only a small percentage of Californians ever achieve double-digit competency.

Hope this helps, Harry.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.