Notary Rotary
O/T Slumber party ideas for my 10 year old
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2006 Index

Posted by TLR_KY on 3/10/06 8:55am
Msg #103815

Anyone have any idea for games to play at a girls slumber party for a 10 year old. This is her first slumber party and we are having about 5 friends over. Her birthday was yesterday and this party is what whe wanted. We are planning on doing a treasure hunt throughout the house, movies, and pizza. Any ideas. Cheers.

Reply by Janlee_MI on 3/10/06 9:04am
Msg #103818

Go to Michaels and get a craft for them to do. This is great for quite time. And they seem to love doing something like that. or Have them Bake something. This takes a little while but the love it.

Twister is a big hit with them. This can normally take up about 1 hour of time.
Then get a little girl chick flick. This can take up about 2 1/2 hours.

Also if you let them make there own pizza this works great and its cheaper. In the long run. Cause it takes about 2 hours to make and they love do it.

Normally all they want is pep and cheese.

I have two grown girls that are 20 and 21 . I have had alot of slumber parties in my day.

GOOD LUCK. NO SLEEP TONIGHT FOR YOU>

Reply by hcampersFL on 3/10/06 9:20am
Msg #103823

I would also suggest that you check out the library for a few good ghost stories. Nothing to scary, but you could tell it and be involved with them a little. They still want Mom's around at 10 I think. Mine did.
b.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 3/10/06 10:33am
Msg #103859

For the pizzas our kids like making english muffin pizzas.

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/10/06 10:39am
Msg #103865

individual pizzas...

pita bread, slap on pizza sauce, chunks of Jimmy Dean's breakfast sausage, mushrooms, onion slices, cooked grn pepper slices, moz cheese, a pinch oregano, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until cheese looks done.

Use any ingredients you like, but the kids LOVE when I make my pizza bombs! Smile

The kids love batting at a pinata too, I get them basically anywhere and fill with goodies and candy.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 3/10/06 10:36am
Msg #103861

My daughter is 34 now, but we used to have some great slumber parties. I agree with the make your own pizza and baking. We also pulled taffy, bobbed for apples, played charades, watched movies, etc. Just keep them busy, and all the kids will love it. Hope you have a great time.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 3/10/06 11:10am
Msg #103880

You could always make a small round single layer cake for the candles and make cupcakes. Then have the girls decorate the cupcakes.

Reply by Beth/MD on 3/10/06 11:39am
Msg #103898

One of the best slumber parties I went to was when I was 11. It was a hair and make-up party. Everyone brought old clothes and make up goodies and dress up clothes. We spent the night getting pretty for some big pretend event. It was my friend Jamie's party and her mom took polaroids of us with each new make up look--we got made up by each girl. I still have the pictures and Jamie was my maid of honor.

Reply by BP/WV on 3/10/06 1:55pm
Msg #103950

Re: O/T Slumber party ideas - suggestion

BIG SUGGESTION - Do a discreet head lice check when the children arrive. My daughter just had a slumber party in January and one small guest left behind many little unwanted friends.

Reply by Tina/Idaho on 3/10/06 7:47pm
Msg #104004

We are having a slumber party for our 12 year old tonight. Once all the girls get here, 7 pm, we are starting the evening with having their hair, makeup and nails done (my sister is great at it!). They all are wearing party dresses. Then we will have a small fashion show with major picture taking (thank goodness for digital cameras!). Afterwards we are having a formal tea (which will replace dinner). Did it two years ago when living in CA. So it is a new group of friends. The girls love it. After the tea, which includes chocolate dipped strawberries and fancy cookies, the girls settle down to movies (chick flicks of course) for the rest of the night (2 am lites out). Around 11 pm we will break out the popcorn, candy and other munchies. Set up in movie theater fashion.

Reply by LilyMD on 3/11/06 7:03am
Msg #104038

How great! Back when I was young we were left to entertain ourselves at slumber parties. The most my mom did was the food.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.