Notary Rotary
ok when I took my renewal test we were told
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2008 Index

Posted by Donna LaBelle on 10/27/08 11:25pm
Msg #268374

that we would get the results in 2 weeks. It has been longer than that has anyone else had this problem?

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 10/27/08 11:44pm
Msg #268377

It is usually approximetely 3 weeks. Did you put your email address on the top of our application?

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 10/27/08 11:57pm
Msg #268380

I think it depends on how one takes the exam. I did not take the exam after a seminar. I registered for the exam online through CPS so they already had my email address on file. My results were emailed in 13 days... and that included an extra holiday in there during those 13 days.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 10/27/08 11:53pm
Msg #268379

Nope... no trouble here. But did you check your email?

I took the exam on 10/4 and got an email with my results on 10/17. The email read:

--------------
TO: Marian
SUBJECT: 10/04/2008 Notary Examination Result Letter
BODY: Dear Candidate,

Please find attached a PDF document containing your Notary Public Examination result letter. This will be the only notification you will receive. Please print out a copy for your records.

Thank you,
CPS Human Resource Services
-----------------

They were right, I guess.... I never got a letter in the mail. But I didn't really need one. The PDF attachment was entitled "Notary Pass Letter 2008.PDF" It seems more and more they're notifying people by email and saving the paper and postage. Given the state's budget issues, it makes sense.

If you have a spam folder, you might check it. Or, you can look it up on the CPS website under "View Notifications":

https://cmas.cps.ca.gov/CMAS/login.aspx

Reply by 101livescan on 10/28/08 8:48am
Msg #268411

I taught a notary class in Santa Barbara on June 30. Everyone got their results in two weeks, but it's now taking several months to actually receive the commission and authorization to have two seals made up. Due to severe shortage in manpower at the SOS notary division, things have bottle necked and aren't moving along seamlessly, even though there are fewer notaries renewing their commissions. If the passport photo was not attached to the application when the proctor's collected them, this was one snafu. The requirement that a live scan fingerprinting for each notary application is another bottleneck. Trying to match all these things for each renewal or new commission application is more of a task than any one realized when this new law was enacted in January 2008, as people retire with the State of California, they are not being replaced. So, when I realized how sluggish this process can be, I took Notary Rotary's online notary seminar, and I'll go take the test as soon as I can to get this rolling, because I don't want to have any lapse in my commission which does not expire until September 1, 2009. Students who participated in my class in June are still awaiting their commissions.

Reply by Mamie on 10/28/08 5:42pm
Msg #268487

If you are registered with CPS you can go to their website and find out too. If not registered yet you can and then find if your results. I also took my test more than 6 months early so I would have any lapse time, but like I said the other day, I won't hear from the SOS until the month before my commission is up.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.