Notary Rotary
I know that Texas is different but
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by Dave_CA on 1/17/09 12:04pm
Msg #274839

I just received the docs for the 2nd half of a split signing and I'm appalled.
The part I'm not sure about is the "Notary Identity Certification". It has the Notary certifying that she has seen photo ID and have used that to complete this form. The form is then signed and stamped by the Notary. I know that I can't notarize this as there is no place for the borrower to sign.
Is this allowed in Texas? Just curious.
The other problems I'm sure are not correct anywhere, well perhaps LA.
This Notary signed the "closing Disbursement Instructions" both as the authorized closing agent and closing package reviewer and then included 6 loose acknowledgments. These were scattered throughout the package. They had a place for "Detail Description of Document being notarize" (spelling their's not mine) the only info. filled in was "loan Docs".
Then the State and county venue information was left blank on 2 of them.
This MOMO is running around loose in the Fort Bend area and her commission does not expire until 2012...

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/17/09 12:10pm
Msg #274840

but, it only cost 'em $40!

Reply by Dave_CA on 1/17/09 12:27pm
Msg #274841

That may be but I charged them $000.00 for overnight docs.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 1/17/09 1:06pm
Msg #274846

Title company I work with puts those Notary ID forms in, the notary fills it out but does not stamp it. I have had notaries who do stamp it (first time they work with me they have to fax back all notarized pages) and I tell them to void the seal as it is not a form they can put their seal on.

Reply by Leon_CO on 1/17/09 1:52pm
Msg #274852

Sylvia, if everyone did like you do ...

A few years ago a signing service posted that, if a notary made a mistake, they wouldn't tell them what they did wrong. They would just stop using that notary.

I think it's good that you not only run a signing service, but you also teach the correct way too.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 1/17/09 2:34pm
Msg #274853

Re: Sylvia, if everyone did like you do ...

That is the reason I have all new to me signing agents fax me back the notarized pages so I can verify they are done correctly according to Fl notary law. If after the 3rd signing and they are still making the same mistakes I do not use them again. I don't want to babysit signing agents!

I am a certified notary instructor, and taught the classes required in Florida to become a notary, and I am very particular about the notary certificates being filled out correctly. Some of the signing agents have been notaries for years (before classes were required in Florida - and they do not need to take classes to renew their commission!) and still didn't know how to fill out a notary certificate.

Reply by JanetLA on 1/17/09 2:52pm
Msg #274854

Yes in Louisiana it is different

Our signature actually notarizes our documents. We are required to print or stamp our name and notary number below our signatures.... We of course are always the exception.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.