Notary Rotary
Although I have been unsuccessful so far collecting from
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by NC_Notary on 9/15/09 7:46pm
Msg #303990

Patrick Cahalane/RTC Settlement Services I did file a complaint with the PA Dept. of State to request to have his Notary Public commission revoked due to unprofessional and unethical behavior. I will let everyone know what the outcome is but so far it sounds very promising. I did let them know he owes several other notaries money as well.

Reply by desktopfull on 9/15/09 10:08pm
Msg #303994

Wishing you success, please keep us updated. n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 9/16/09 8:41am
Msg #304009

I'm not seeing how his Notary Public commission has anything to do with his signing service capacity.
He wasn't acting in the capacity of Notary when he contracted with you. I see this as an act of vengence & it won't help you collect your money.

Reply by NC_Notary on 9/16/09 10:36am
Msg #304022

It is the principle and he needs to face consequences,

It has nothing to do with vengence...

It will be up to the Dept of PA to decide and it is worth a shot. Why should someone be allowed to serve as a Notary Public if they are unethical and defraud others? Character should be considered as noted on the PA Dept of State Website:

"A notary public applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements for an appointment:

* Be at least 18 years old
* Be a resident of or be employed within the Commonwealth
* Be of good character, integrity and ability

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 9/16/09 1:31pm
Msg #304046

Re: It is the principle and he needs to face consequences,

Good point. Please keep us posted!

Reply by desktopfull on 9/16/09 12:22pm
Msg #304035

It has to do with moral turpitude. n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 9/16/09 9:53pm
Msg #304110

Re: It has to do with moral turpitude.

I'm trying to see the "moral turpitude" of using the SOC as a collection agency.

Reply by desktopfull on 9/16/09 10:39pm
Msg #304113

They aren't using the SOC for collections, she is attempting to get their seal revoked due to unethical behavior, bad character, and a lack of integrity. This just might be a way to weed out the unprofessional, non-paying notaries handing out signings that they never intend to pay other NSA's for even though they received payment from the TC. I hope it works, because it might make others think twice before stiffing someone on their fees.

Reply by NC_Notary on 9/17/09 8:26am
Msg #304134

Thank you for your support Desktopfull.......

I wish I thought of this strategy in the past; I am keeping my fingers crossed! Smile

Reply by MW/VA on 9/17/09 8:49am
Msg #304140

Yes, I get that. I thought the definition of "notary misconduct" was when a notary used his COMMISSION to commit a crime. I'm just concerned about opening the can of worms. Should companies go to the SOC to report notaries who make major mistakes, don't show for appts., or are otherwise unprofessional? Everyone does what they think they have to.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/17/09 8:59am
Msg #304142

define moral turpitude

Moral turpitude is a legal concept in the United States that refers to "conduct that is considered contrary to community standards of justice, honesty or good morals."[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_turpitude

Reply by NC_Notary on 9/17/09 1:19pm
Msg #304166

There is a distinct difference between someone who makes

mistakes and unreliable than someone who does not portrait good character and/or integrity.

His actions were deliberate and unethical and there are several people who were hurt because of it.

Reply by Linda Cory on 11/7/10 1:02pm
Msg #360063

RTC Patrick Cahalane

I spoke with Patrick this morning and he said his business RTC is closed. He said I could send a bill to his address: 415 South Meadowcroft Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15228. I suggest you send him your unpaid invoices and call him several times at 412-343-0992 to make sure he received it.

Reply by Linda Cory on 1/17/11 1:44pm
Msg #368941

I called Patrick Cahalane of RTC Settlement in December and was surprised to finally have him answer the phone. He said I needed to send my bill to him via registered mail. He said he would turn it over to his attorney, but he declined to give me the name of the attorney. Of course, the letter was returned to me unclaimed. Please let me know if you have been successful with your attempts to collect. Linda

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.