$4.86 shipping
total $4.86

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 4/4/10 5:16pm
Msg #330320

I can get 2500 cards for $53.00.

Reply by Brenda Stone on 4/4/10 5:25pm
Msg #330321

I would recommend anyone who wants to diversify

their notary work into doing more differents types of work grab this 100 card deal and focus this small set of business cards on Mobile Notary Professional Services, and leave off mention of signing agent work.

I know from personal experience that places who can use "mobile notaries" don't know/don't care what a signing agent is and that signing agent business on the card can just confuse the message.

Of course, if you do this and order these cards the only way they will improve your business activity is to make a list of businesses who could use you or who will let you leave a few of your cards and put on your walking shoes and get out there marketing yourself. Visit 25 places with this new card deck and I think you'll find them paid for rather quickly.

JMH Marketing Opinion Smile

Reply by LisaWI on 4/4/10 6:42pm
Msg #330325

Re: Nice....Thank you Phillip and

thank you Brenda for jogging my memorySmile I had this thought awhile back and had forgotten all about it til you said something.

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/4/10 8:23pm
Msg #330336

Marketing right now is a matter of

re-framing and diversifying.

I would not visit a country lawyer's office with signing agent cards, as I think they probably see SAs as a form of incompetent and cheap competition. However, visit that same law office with a stack of cards which conveys a mobile notary's willingness to go to their clients if bedridden, or slip into a meeting which the client cannot leave from, or to go to a person's house to collect signatures...suppose they are unable to leave their job site or home for other reasons ...well, show them your mobile notary card and sell your service on that level, and I think you've got a lawyer who sees your value.

I think SAs need to step off of the SA Only line of thinking if they want to survive right now...those who do...those who diversify and market like mad will be able to continue while the others drop off.

And, those are my marketing tips of the day. Smile

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/5/10 12:03am
Msg #330345

Double chocolate bunny for you, Bren. ;) n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/5/10 6:32am
Msg #330350

Well, thank you, Susan! I had lunch the other day

with an entrepreneur I have come to think of as a mentor, of sorts.

He told me when he was training for his business, lo, these many years ago he heard the trainer say, "there's a place where you can pick up a lot of small fees by doing thus and so...and, no one else is doing it".

He said there were 100 other people in that room but he was the only one who heard that remark. The fees for this type of work were really small but it could be duplicated and reproduced easily and without much time, and there was a need for it...a growing need. He saw that. He investigated it, specialized, and capitalized on it. He has a very lucrative niche and takes a good share of the market now.

That's the key to finding success as an entrepreneur, I think. Finding a niche needing to be filled and get really good at it so that you can reproduce the money making part quickly and learn how to reach those who need it.

People ask me why I give away my ideas and proven formulas for finding bits of work here and there. It's simple. Many will read marketing tips and suggestions but few will take them into account, always looking to hit a big home run in one fell swoop, they do not realize that they can be victorious by a steady game of base hits and runners batted in. In fact, that's how most games are won in the big league.

There's really no competition of those who will be patient and steady in their marketing. The seeds of the SA business fell and quickly sprouted, running roots under the topsoil that provided a glut of business. Only those who slowly put down roots deep in fertile ground will continue to thrive.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/5/10 1:30pm
Msg #330400

Nailed it, again. Had an old (meaning *old*) friend

decide she was miserable being retired. She called one day and complained about rude children she encountered at the store, and we chatted about that - and her little business was born: Miss Manners for kids - worked up lesson plans, luncheons, field trips, and a party at the end of the course. Parents are given their 'homework' too - to reinforce and lead by example, even if it's just PB&J sammies...napkins, no elbows on the table, etc.

She's been doing this for some time now, busy parents are thrilled, she has a ball, takes a great trip every year, and, well, you get the idea.

Entrepreneurs, like your mentor, thrive because they ~listen~, look around, ask good questions, and start small, and work like crazy.

Sur-thrival!

Reply by Cari on 4/5/10 8:08am
Msg #330354

good point Brenda....I agree... n/m

Reply by Cari on 4/5/10 8:07am
Msg #330353

My sister who owns a catering biz, got hers from here...

they are so much better than VISTA...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.