Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
24/7 NNN aka 24-7NNN.Com aka Tracy Brawner ...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Ernest__CT on 4/22/10 9:37pm
Msg #332952

... aka 24-7 "the Nationwide Notary Network":

Years ago I'd done signings for 24-7 NNN, so long ago that I don't have the records at hand.

On the 20th of April Tracy Brawner called and chatted as if we were old friends. She said that their usual NSA in my area was on vacation. She asked me to do a signing that was easily within my area. The borrower stated that he would not sign unless he received the documents 24 hours before the signing, so that signing was cancelled. No harm, no foul.

Today Joseph Brett (aka Joey Brett) called back and said that the signing had been rescheduled; could I do it? I told him that I had a signing too near the requested time for me to accept it, but thanks. Later he called back to say they hadn't been able to find another NSA, could I possibly do it later, etc. I agreed with the understanding that I would have to print the docs and complete the 24-7 NNN signing _after_ I completed the previously-scheduled signing. He agreed. I call the borrower and set the time, then called 24-7 NNN back.

Here is the text (minus the salutation and signature) of Joseph Brett's email to me: "I have unassigned you from this order. Please give me a call when you get this e-mail."

Between lines of "-----" are portions of my email to Tracy Brawner of 24-7 NNN. It is too long to paste in its entirity. DM me and I will forward my whole message to you.
-----
There are severe problems with this transaction, Tracy Brawner. Whether the issues are specific to this loan signing or are systemic I cannot tell.

Today I initially refused the signing because I could not be there at the requested time. When called back and told that your company could not find another Notary Signing Agent, I accepted the signing with the understanding that I had a scheduled signing which had to be completed before I could print documents and complete your signing. Given that caveat, 24-7 NNN assigned the signing to me and I accepted it. While I was printing the documents for the signing I received an email message stating that the signing had been re-assigned.

Connecticut law specifically forbids the use of cell phones by the driver while driving. Despite repeated attempts to have your company understand that our part of Connecticut was experiencing locally-severe weather (hail and hard rain in one location, soft rain a few miles away, while the sun was shining farther away), and that I could not be on the cell phone while driving in rain that was overwhelming my car's wipers even on their top speed (and, later, in bumper-to-bumper traffic, and finally while negotiating the twisting rural road on which I live), repeated phone calls were placed from 24-7 NNN. The message should have been received loud and clear during the first call: I have contacted the signer and we have agreed to meet. If the signing cannot be completed as scheduled with the borrower for any reason (power outage, mechanical failure, driving conditions, etc.), I will contact 24-7 NNN immediately.

[ description of why signing services and title companies hire me ]

Here are actual comments about 24-7 NNN from Notary Signing Agents in other states:

Deadbeats ... 6 mo[nth]s still waiting - California NSA 14 April 10
Deadbeats. No pay, no call back or response to e-mails from accounting. - Florida NSA 14 April 10
This company was not able to pay me for the last two signings I did for them. - California NSA 12 April 10
Very slow to pay. - California NSA 10 April 10
[W]ould sure like to be paid faster, did closing on 1/15 just got paid 3/15 - 75 d[ays] - Florida NSA 15 March 10
Owe me for 2 signings from July 09. Tracy never came through. - North Carolina NSA 11 March 10
( and the list goes on and on in a similar vein)

How you conduct your business is up to you. How I conduct my business is up to me. Unless payment is made before the documents are shipped back, I choose to refuse all future signings from 24-7 NNN.

With great disappointment in 24-7 Nationwide Notary Network, and personal disappointment in Tracy Brawner,
[my name]
Notary Signing Agent
-----

Whether you choose to work for Tracy Brawner is up to you. Please check Signing Central for the comments (not just the very-few-stars rating, but the actual comments from your fellow NSAs!) for her company. I will not work for a company that 1) Begs me to take a signing then abruptly cancells after printing has begun; 2) Has such a bad reputation with people whom I respect. (In case there's any doubt in your minds about who I mean by "people whom I respect", that would be the people at Notary Rotary who have helped me over the years and generously continue to share their knowledge and experience. Also known as YOU!)

Reply by MW/VA on 4/23/10 7:30am
Msg #332976

Many of us have learned from unfortunate experience the

tactics of this company. Tracy is good for bs, but they pay a lower fee & then you have to chase your money & get it after 90 days or more. They are not honorable & clearly show disrespect for the notary by playing this game.

Reply by laurielnc on 4/23/10 10:05am
Msg #332996

I have 3 signings that were done in July of last year. Just talked to Tracy about 2 weeks ago and was assured that she paid all her notaries and a check for the oldest signing would be in the mail ASAP. No check. Don't believe Tracy. She told me a big company they work for stiffed her so I'm going to get paid when she gets paid from a new customer. I am not holding my breath. Almost a year to be paid. Do not work for this company unless you have nothing else better to do and like to work for free.

Reply by JulieD/KS on 4/23/10 11:31am
Msg #333009

I stopped working for them in 2007 after one of the worst signings I ever had to do...and then had to fight to get paid. It took nearly 3 mos to get paid. Never again.

Reply by ikando on 4/23/10 3:20pm
Msg #333084

I have never done work for this company, although I have received solicitations from them.

The one thing that stuck out to me from Laurie's post is that because she was "stiffed" by a previous client, she was going to pay from a new client. So where does that leave the notaries who do the work for the new client?

Reply by SANTA CLARITA MOBILE NOTARY on 5/25/10 5:31pm
Msg #338185

24-7 Nationwide Notary, aka 24-7NNN.Com/Tracy Brawner ...

Has anyone worked with this company recently? If so, what was your experience with them.

Reply by JR/Fl on 7/17/10 9:18am
Msg #345352

Re: 24-7 Nationwide Notary, aka 24-7NNN.Com/Tracy Brawner ...

I did a closing for this co. on 2/8/10 and rec. payment on 7/10/10 after calling them weekly.

needless to say that will be my last closing with 24/7 NNN.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.