Notary Rotary
2-3 hr appointments
Notary Discussion History

2-3 hr appointments
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Carol Graff on 4/3/10 5:46pm
Msg #330241

2-3 hr appointments

I have been having such a rash of problems when I get to the borrowers. The last 3 trusts were vested wrong. BO did not have their trust papers to compare it to. they were unaware of any of the cc/ or if they needed to give me a check....I could go on & on. Either the BO or myself seem to be spending so much time on the phone that it is taking way too long. Most of these I feel is the LO fault as they are not keeping the BO up-to-date. Any suggestions?
I do talk to then about the 3 day rec., however, some of these are purchases or rental property with no recission.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 4/3/10 7:03pm
Msg #330256

I think you are correct with the LO angle. I have started requiring a good contact number for the LO on any appointments after 4:30pm. I had issues with a bad LO a few months ago on an apt that was over 1 hr away at 9pm. BO only had office number and SS could not even get in touch with anyone on the afterhours number. Required another trip to sign one document. I charged the SS again as it was not my fault. They paid without any issue because I think they too were charging title again.

There are good LOs out there. The bad ones make it tough on everyone. LOs get paid well for loans and the good ones will take care of their clients throughout the process (including at the table calls and beyond). IMO, if the LO does not care about their own financial interest in the loan, after a reasonable effort on my part, I will call it a night and move on to the next apt. I'm not paid to take 3 hours (on regular signings) to close. Don't get me wrong, I'll do what I can to help, but I am not going to make any other appointments wait if their docs are correct and on time for a loan that the original LO doesn't even care about. If another visit is called for and the LO was unresponsive, take my fee out of his commission. JMO

Disclaimer: I used to be a LO and cannot stand lazy ones. Wink

Reply by Laura_V on 4/4/10 8:30am
Msg #330287

MM is right, as usual, and I got an iMac

Now that I have an iMac, I CAN'T go to someone's server and download and print wrong docs.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

Docs must go to borrowers who read them before coming to me. That's the best way for them to find typos re names, c costs, etc.

Around twice a year I do print docs for borrowers and those appts always take forever. Hate em.

I realize I might be the only notary on the board who has the demographics to get away with this so please don't start pounding on me again.

I just truly feel for you wonderful NSAs who still put up with all the nonsense that ruined what used to be a super fun and lucrative career for lots of us. And I can't even bear to even think about all those people who lost their homes. I can only do my volunteer work to the best of my ability. (Currently working to help Haiti and preparing for another important couple of things at the moment.)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.