Notary Rotary
Any Info on This Company Questions
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by BossLadyMD on 4/12/10 3:37pm
Msg #331379

GUIDE FOR UNKNOWN COMPANIES (not listed on NotRot)

I work with a select group of companies so when a company I have never heard of calls (not listed on NotRot), I have my questions ready. I ask the following:

-How did you find me? (as I have no website)
-I comment that I've been doing this for quite some time and find it interesting that I have never worked or heard of them before (not in negative terms, being polite)
-I also ask them who or what is there main sources of notaries, why they use this source and how long they have been in business or did they do business under another name?

It takes me less than 5 minutes to ask these simple questions and make a decision as to whether or not I will accept an assignment from them. Reputable companies will not mind sharing insight in hopes of building a good working relationship.

Reply by Julie/IL on 4/12/10 3:46pm
Msg #331382

I ask very similar questions but would still prefer comments from people whom have worked with the particular company in question. If the information cannot be provided, I ultimately decide whether it is worth the risk or not. There is nothing wrong with double checking.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/12/10 9:25pm
Msg #331442

I agree with you but if you cant find someone who has any experience with a particular company, try picking their brains. These are just suggestions that have worked for me...thanks for your input Smile

Reply by Ernest__CT on 4/12/10 4:02pm
Msg #331383

Very good questions! Thanks. n/m

Reply by Cari on 4/12/10 4:11pm
Msg #331386

excellent questions! I also do a quick check own my database

...all done while on the phone, and if on the road, I have a hardcopy to glance at....

...those questions do help weed out the good from the bad....

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/12/10 4:32pm
Msg #331392

Re: excellent questions! I also do a quick check own my database

i actually built a now 2-year relationship with a company from asking these questions. they later said that they could tell i was professional and serious about my work!

Reply by ML/PA on 4/12/10 6:23pm
Msg #331418

Of course I ask those obvious questions and more anytime a new company calls me but if I believed everything some of these companies tell me I would probably be owed a lot of money. I ask fellow agents for their experience as I trust this information a whole lot more. Remember in these times good companies in the past could now be deadbeats and believe me, they are not going to tell you that!

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/12/10 9:31pm
Msg #331444

Then I dont want to do business with this type of company anyway. Those who cant meet my fee dont even get off first base Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.