Notary Rotary
Any Jobs
Notary Discussion History

Any Jobs
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Rhogan/TN on 4/19/10 9:58pm
Msg #332436

Any Jobs

Hello I was just wondering if anyone is getting work in Tn. I am new to this bought a premeir membership. THink I wasted my money. Any advise. I have only gotten 2 job where i live

Reply by Michelle/AL on 4/19/10 10:07pm
Msg #332437

Rebecca, your post today sounded familiar to me so I checked back over the last couple of days and saw where you posted a similar question on 4/14/10. Three notaries responded to your question - one is from TN.

I'm bringing this to you attention not to be rude but because you're new and you may not be aware of how to go back to old messages to see if anyone responded at a later date. Your previous message is thread #331704. If you use the orange button and search for this message thread you'll see the three responses to your first post.

Business is slow for a lot of us right now. You're not alone.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 4/19/10 10:12pm
Msg #332438

Welcome Rebecca!

How long have you been a signing agent? By reading your profile I can suggest that you make it more meaty while paying attention to grammar and spelling. Please write in complete sentences. It is more professional.
You might go to Signing Central and and start contacting signing services and title companies.
I have to be honest. Although I don't get a lot of jobs here, I do get a lot of very good information. The seasoned veterans here have a lot of info to pass along. I never consider it a waste of my time or money.

Reply by LKT/CA on 4/19/10 11:20pm
Msg #332447

<<<Hello I was just wondering if anyone is getting work in Tn.>>>

Msg. 332337 applies to your inquiry in whatever town you're in.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 4/20/10 5:20am
Msg #332455

You did not waste your money with Premier Membership. That membership will put you on the top tier of who gets called first for jobs in your area. One job received as a result of your Premier Membership will pretty much pay for the first year, and renewals are charged at a lower rate. It's worth it for me.

Reply by Cari on 4/20/10 5:28am
Msg #332456

no sweety you didn't waste your money for a Premier

membership....for this board holds the good, the bad and the ugly of this biz...do a Search of the orange button, LOTS AND LOTS of great advice on the 'how to's of this biz' .

Also, before accepting a job, check with the company lists that are posted here on Signing Central, to see if they're still in biz and/or are paying their notaries. They are rated by the stars ****

Just don't low ball yourself by accepting ridiculously low fees, or you will further lead to the degradation and ultimate demise of this profession.

I apologize in advance for being too deep so early in the am....Smile

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/20/10 9:43am
Msg #332478

Premier memberships here are not a waste of money

but you can't just add your name and profile and sit back and wait - you need to refer to SC and start contacting companies to let them know "hey, I'm here, and you need me". And you need to do this DAILY - when I started I set a goal of contacting XXX number of companies per day - marketing is an ongoing process.

If you just buy a membership and sit back and wait - well, you'll be doing a lot of sitting and waiting.

And as has been said - it's very slow right now even for the seasoned signers. Don't give up your dayjob just yet. To break into this business now is not going to be a cakewalk unless you're in an underserviced area - and if you WERE in such an area we wouldn't be having this discussion!!...Smile

Good Luck to you...

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/20/10 9:44am
Msg #332479

S/b "X number" - no, I didn't contact triple digits per day! n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 4/20/10 10:30am
Msg #332488

Re: Premier memberships here are not a waste of money

I agree with Linda. Listing here is a real plus. I hope you are taking into account that the mortgage industry is in the pits, and even seasoned vets aren't getting enough business to keep going.

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/20/10 9:51am
Msg #332482

You'll be sorry if you contact the two and three star companies in SC, might as well no have any work.

Reply by RJE/MI on 4/20/10 10:14am
Msg #332485

NR Pays for its self even if you don't get a signing job

Just look at all the helpful post on paper, toner, printers etc.

I cut my expenses in 1/2 just from getting these wonderful tips from these wonderful members! Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.