Anyone ever heard of this
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Joe_PA on 4/27/10 3:39pm
Msg #333782

This is a new one to me.
Paying $4.50 per order and giving credit card up front when signing up.
Why not just take $4.50 out of fee?
Signing Agent,

I am emailing you to see if you would be interested in signing up with ValuAmerica to complete notary closings for refinances. We are working to give our refinance closing work directly to the Signing Agents instead of going through Signing Services. If you are interested, please go to our web site https://orders.valuamerica.com. Once on the web site, go to “If you are a settlement services provider/appraiser, please click here to be added to our national vendor network” (located on the left under the User and Password section). There will be a $4.50 charge for every order that ValuAmerica sends to you. In order to receive work from ValuAmerica, you will need to enter a credit card or gift card to cover this charge. Please feel free to take this into consideration when entering your fee. Many of our agents are using gift cards. This is acceptable, as long as there are sufficient funds on the card to take out the $4.50 charge for each order.

Please try not to respond to this email unless necessary. Only respond once you have completed the set up so your profile can be approved.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/27/10 3:44pm
Msg #333784

I got it too:) Deleted it n/m

Reply by Lisa Holley on 4/27/10 4:04pm
Msg #333794

Re: I got it too:)

I not only got this email, this company called and called and called me trying to get me to set up with them. They want your credit card to charge the $4.50, and she said to me..."just add it into your signing fee". HA! HA! I was so amazed I could only laugh.

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/27/10 4:12pm
Msg #333798

It certainly appears that everyone realizes we're at the end of the food chain and trying to feed off us. This is reason enough to "hit" the road. If I ever get an email like this, I will ask if I can establish an account and pay 45 days after closing.

Reply by notary/OR on 4/27/10 4:13pm
Msg #333801

HA HA HA LOL!!!!!! That's classic :-)

Reply by Jessica Ward on 4/28/10 12:21am
Msg #333923

You're a genius. Smile

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/27/10 4:26pm
Msg #333808

I work for a very good title company who uses the

ValuNet platform on occasion and my understanding is several companies are using it - I'm not signed up with it as I keep forgetting to get the prepaid card but if I ever remember it I'll sign up....the fee is added to your standard signing fee so you are NOT out of pocket...and the title company pays excellent fees at funding.

So, I'll do it eventually, soon as I remember to get that dang prepaid card ...you all just keep laughing yourself right out of a good client relationship.

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/27/10 4:45pm
Msg #333818

Agree, Linda. n/m

Reply by Vince/KS on 4/27/10 5:02pm
Msg #333824

But, did you actually discuss the charge.

In the event the loan does not close for any reason, you are not refunded the $4.95 charge according to the person I discussed it with at the company. When the closing is assigned to you - the charge is made - period

So, no I've not signed up with them as of this writing.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/27/10 5:05pm
Msg #333825

Vince, I haven't discussed it with anyone..

wasn't aware that the $4.95 charge isn't refundable - if that's true then that's the only situation in which the notary would be out of pocket - and I'd bill them for it - I'm not paying for no work.

Certainly bears looking into when I'm ready. Thanks for the heads-up..

MHO

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/27/10 5:18pm
Msg #333835

I think I might be one of the only folks who have looked

at this type of platform prior to ValuAmerica...years prior. Therefore, I am not shocked or dismayed at this type of set up.

I'm all for it. I have studied it. I think it's excellent.

Reply by Keystone_SA on 4/27/10 4:53pm
Msg #333821

Agreed!! n/m

Reply by brass/LA on 4/27/10 5:26pm
Msg #333845

Re: I work for a very good title company who uses the

I agree with Linda. I work for the "very good title company" also. They were very upfront in letting me know to add the $5 to my fee.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/27/10 5:30pm
Msg #333847

do you use a gift card or your credit card # n/m

Reply by Sandra Pownall on 4/27/10 4:44pm
Msg #333816

I got this email too and have yet to contact this company. My email was sent from Brian Estus and he used to work for LandAmerica. That is who most of my signings came from at LandAmerica. Is this company possibly connected with LandAm??

Reply by Jessica Ward on 4/28/10 12:20am
Msg #333922

Yes, I filed that one under "Smoking Crack."

I don't buy my work. I'm pretty sure there's rules against that somewhere. If there aren't, there should be. SS's already put more than our fees on the HUD, so they are getting their fee there, and if an SS thinks they can meet our needs from them for $4.50, I'm not interested in working for them, because a machine will answer the phone when I call with a problem or question.

No thanks!

Reply by Colleen Martin on 7/29/10 10:19am
Msg #346790

jessica, you "crack" me up!!!!! paying for work does seem odd to me. i might just put that in the same file as you did!! land america filed bankruptcy so i'm not sure they have anything to do with each other.....

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.