Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Call from recruiter, military requesting..
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Notarysigner on 4/10/10 1:37pm
Msg #331143

I notarize a Document for a female candidate. Wouldn't tell me what the Doc was other than it was REQUIRED. Could someone enlighten me if you know? I didn't take the assignment but instead referred them. Thanks in advance for any positive info.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/10/10 2:23pm
Msg #331149

James...in CA does it matter what it is? If she's got acceptable ID and is willing to pay your fee, the doc is of no concern, is it?

Don't think I would have outright refused if I was available...I'd have asked the recruiter to have the candidate call me to discuss it...foot in the door so to speak.

MHO

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/10/10 2:36pm
Msg #331152

You're correct. That wasn't the issue for me it was the "recruiter" making the request that was my concern. The only thing he would tell me is that it was one Doc.

Now, we don't charge our military for notarization but they wanted me to come to them. I know the area they were in and suggested the go across the street to the XXX store. I just hadn't had a request from a recruiter before wanting me to notarize something for someone enlisting. I want to know if anyone else has experienced this and if they knew what it could be about? That's all.

Reply by LKT/CA on 4/10/10 2:37pm
Msg #331153

Since the caller wasn't willing to reveal the type of doc, I would have informed him/her of what I could *not* do.....certify anything except copies of POAs and journal entries and no photocopies of vital records. At the meeting, if they asked me to do something else I wasn't authorized to do, then I would lecture them on why it is important to provide details of the paperwork and how it wastes both of our time when they don't.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.