Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Did a closing, got paid (no problem there)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by cawest/PA on 4/24/10 11:11am
Msg #333263

but now in the mail I get a bill of 35 some dollars from Fedex ... Went into my pc, pulled up the instructions ... reread to make sure I was not wrong ... and yes I used their Fedex Account Number, looked at my receipt and the number is correct.
Just faxed them the Fedex Bill and a copy of their instructions.
Anyone ever had that happening? Mistake by Fedex or TC lost it's Fedex Account?

Reply by pat/WA on 4/24/10 11:21am
Msg #333266

If the charge was on your credit card, you need to deny the charge and call FEDEX.

Reply by cawest/PA on 4/24/10 12:10pm
Msg #333275

nope not charged on my credit card, got the bill in the mail.
Just called fedex and was told the *customer is not billable anymore, the account was closed*
So I guess I will need to pay in order not to see this on my credit report as eventually they would put it into collection.
I do not have a Fedex Account as I drive on regular bases by their HUB and get my supplies there.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/24/10 12:13pm
Msg #333276

So you had your name on the airbill as Sender?

That's the only way they could have tracked you down.

Another good example of why NOT to put your name anywhere on that airbill...mistakes do happen and doo doo DOES occur, and even though it will probably be straightened out, it's just more time and another unnecessary hassle...

MHO

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/24/10 11:26am
Msg #333268

Yep. A 4 month hassle ensued.

Everything on the label was right, but they billed my credit card anyway. FedEx didn't care. My credit card co. cared big time. The TC was very slow in reimbursing me, but they eventually did. Which is why I no longer ever have any info that can be traced in any way to me on the label. Live & learn. Or not.

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/24/10 12:00pm
Msg #333271

Re: Yep. A 4 month hassle ensued.

Question, did you have to present your personal CC to ship Docs?

Reply by jba/fl on 4/24/10 12:04pm
Msg #333273

Poss. answer to Q

She probably set up an account so that she could order supplies.

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/24/10 12:19pm
Msg #333280

You're right about that, jba/fl

It's the only way I can get an adequate supply of legal envelopes, plastic label holders. I regularly hit the drop boxes for labels, tho', because if you order those, they can associate them with your account.

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/24/10 12:22pm
Msg #333282

Re: You're right about that, jba/fl

Re above... "associate labels with account, if ordered". This was NOT the case with the charge as I have never ordered labels... always scrounge 'em from dropboxes.

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/24/10 12:13pm
Msg #333277

Re: Nope! Yep. A 4 month hassle ensued.

No, I have an account which was NOT shown on label...just my name, (no address, phone #---just my name) but it was enough that FedEx connected the dots and charged me even tho' the correct, proper, readable, unexpired Acct. # for the TC was on the label & it was clearly marked "Bill Recipient". I reported error to CC co. & got a 'it's your charge' letter from them. Also called FedEx--no response at all. Maybe wrong, but I paid it to avoid any add'l late fees, interest, b.s. on the cc and spent 4 months collecting from TC. (They just kept losing the documentation or ???.) But, they did pay it.

Since then, NOTHING connected with me appears on a shipping label... handwrite 'em all.

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/24/10 12:17pm
Msg #333279

Re: Nope! Yep. A 4 month hassle ensued.

For one, if you had an acc't with them, you should have been given a discount, that looks like a fee charge for a non acc't holder. Thanks for sharing. I think it may be a good idea for us all to verify who's being billed before we ship.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 4/24/10 12:39pm
Msg #333286

Yep, same as Lee - 3 yrs ago. And, that my friend is why

I no longer have my name anywhere on the label.

Got cleared up eventually after a long and arduous trek. I now like to keep things simple.

Reply by PAW on 4/24/10 1:11pm
Msg #333294

Seems that the issues many have is when the airbill is handwritten or a preprinted airbill with parts hand written in. Using the online airbill generators from FedEx and UPS, validate the account number before the 'printable' airbill is displayed. So, in this case, the 'closed account' number would have been rejected during the airbill creation.

When entering the shipping information, the account number is checked. FedEx displays the following message if the account number entered is invalid:

Account Number not in database. Please check the number entered and try again. If you continue to have problems, please contact your local FedEx Customer Service representative (in U.S. and Canada, call 1-800-GO-FEDEX®).

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 4/24/10 5:26pm
Msg #333323

Recent thread about same issue (for ref) Msg #332958 n/m

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 4/24/10 9:41pm
Msg #333353

Never put any of your information on these bills

I go to the FedEx hub in Ontario CA and pick up enough supplies for a year at a time.
None of my info is on the bill which I address by hand.

Reply by Lita on 4/25/10 5:40pm
Msg #333447

I always put the borrowers name and address for the return address on the lable. I hand address my labels as well and pick up all my supplies. Using the account # I was given there is no way anything can come back to me. I closed my account a long time ago when someone told me this could happen.

Reply by jba/fl on 4/25/10 5:53pm
Msg #333452

"I always put the borrowers name and address for the return address on the lable."

Why not to To and From the same? The borrowers are already paying for this service, if the TC goes out of business or their account is no good, why should the BO's get hit again?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.