Notary Rotary
FASS and other low ball companys
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by DD/OR on 4/20/10 6:42am
Msg #332464

FASS and other low ballers are active in my area. Notary competition has increased dramatically recently. I suspect that low ball companys are using new notaries who are taking the low ball fees. I know this because my business has dropped for both loan signing and regular notary work. Low ball companys and others have called me but I refuse to work for nothing. They shop around and find cheap notaries. I'm OK with it though, because I value my work more than the notaries who work on the cheap. I will stop being a notary before I give my work away. Lucklily, I have other income. I think where unemployment is high, as it is here, people will do anything to make a buck, like lowering their fees. Just my 2 cents worth. I hope everyone is having a good day.

Reply by cawest/PA on 4/20/10 11:12am
Msg #332493

I think everyone's business has dropped .... as of why several companies are dropping their fees no clue but it might have to do with the economics we live in today.
Have not done a mortgage in months, all refi's and mostly JP's.

Reply by barkaroni on 4/20/10 11:16am
Msg #332498

I have worked for FASS for many years and have received 90% of my business from them. I have never had any trouble with payment and they pay promptly. For those email docs over 100 or so pages I ask for additional pay and receive it. They are very strict about errors. The only problem I have with this, is you are never specifically told what the error was.

Reply by pat/WA on 4/20/10 11:38am
Msg #332515

The only problem we have ever had with FASS is that when you make a mistake they blacklist you for it but they never tell you what you did wrong. Very frustrating!

Reply by LisaWI on 4/20/10 1:06pm
Msg #332533

Hmmmm, I wonder if anyone actually does anything wrong......maybe the real reason is they found someone cheaper. Why wouldnt they want to tell you?? They dont lose anything by telling you what you did wrong. Seems a bit odd.

I too at one time worked for them. Then they just quit calling. Out of the blue, didnt say I did anything wrong when I asked them. I havent heard from them in probably 2+ years.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.