Notary Rotary
Fed Ex Office
Notary Discussion History

Fed Ex Office
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by JAM/CA on 4/19/10 3:44pm
Msg #332364

Fed Ex Office

Anyone else having problems since Fed Ex Office took over Kinko's? On Saturday, April 17, 2010, I went to a staffed location to deliver a package. The individual asked that the package be put on the counter with some other packages. I said, "This will be delivered Monday morning, correct?" They said, "Yes".

No sign of the package today, nor can they find it. From now on, I'm taking the advice of others. Get a receipt no matter what showing they took the package from you.

This is not the first incident of problems, since Fed Ex Office took over. I had a lady tell me they were out of Fed Ex legal envelopes. I said, "How can Fed Ex be out of legal envelopes". She said, "It's no different then Starbucks running out of coffee cups". Hunhhh?!? I said, "They don't".

Another incident at a staffed location, where a lady took the bus to this location and was told they don't do what she wanted. She had called ahead to find a location for specific services and was told this location did that. As it turned out, they didn't. The woman behind the counter was very rude. I couldn't help myself, I had to say something. "You have a computer, why can't you look up another location for her downtown, since she was going that way next". The woman behind the counter said, "That's not part of our service". What???? Unbelievable.

Drivers are not a problem, it's the staff at the Fed Ex office locations.

Beware and get a receipt for all your packages.

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/19/10 4:21pm
Msg #332367

I had a problem until I found out the process and Now I'm okay with dropping them off there as long as I get a receipt. Sometime you can't get a receipt because their computers are down so in that case I take my package to a FedEx shipping center. Here's the skinny.

The computer systems at FedEx/Kinko can only log in a package, if everything's correct. If the weight is more then the contracted amount for the account holder, they cannot change it. Only the FedEx driver can make the adjustment.

They cannot find a package if it didn't originate from their location.

The hostility can be traced to the fact FedEx Kinko employees/$12.00 hr and FedEx employees/$36.00 per hr. Find out where the last FedEx pick-up spot is in you area before they go to the airport and drop them off there would be my suggestion. Also packages that are shipped within Ca are trucked, they do no fly out as commonly believed.

Reply by cawest/PA on 4/19/10 4:31pm
Msg #332370

I am quite lucky as I have my office in Allentown but live in the country and on my way home I have a small shipping store that takes UPS,Fedex and also has postal services ... always give me a receipt and a *see you tomorrow*

Reply by Yoli/CA on 4/19/10 4:42pm
Msg #332372

Feel your frustration, Joan. Except, my problem is with UPS. Never had an issue with FedEx (knock on wood).

Deposited package in drop box one weekend on my way out of town for a few days of R&R. Title knew I would be on vacation but reachable. Sure enough, Tuesday comes around and I get call from Title. Package is untraceable/lost/not yet delivered. This was shipped on label provided by Title going to another title company for a split signing. Still hasn't shown up. Docs had to be re-signed. Luckily, it was a small package for a cash purchase.

Title was really sweet about the whole thing. Said it happens to them once in a while. Received my check today.

Reply by JAM/CA on 4/19/10 4:52pm
Msg #332373

Thank you for your responses. This label was prepared by the signing company and e-mailed to me. It had the signing company as sender. I never drop shipments at a drop box on weekends, besides they won't pick up at drop boxes on weekends.

Another lesson learned the hard way, get a receipt. This was a purchase closing from Friday evening. Docs dropped before 10:00 a.m. at the staffed location.

Reply by Carol Graff on 4/19/10 7:14pm
Msg #332394

Thanks for the heads up on getting a receipt. Also, I tried to give them my Bs. card but they said they cannot take it.

Reply by JAM/CA on 4/19/10 7:42pm
Msg #332401

Package picked up tonight. n/m

Reply by JAM/CA on 4/19/10 7:44pm
Msg #332402

Sorry, enter post, need to tab

I believe they just found it. We must all be really cautious about this. I have been tracing all day and letting them know of my dissatisfaction.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 4/19/10 8:13pm
Msg #332409

Re: Sorry, enter post, need to tab

I went into a Kinkos fed ex store on Fri, dropped a package got receipt and asked if they had legal enevelopes I was told that I could only have 3..Now I am in a rural area and getting to these manned Fed Ex and UPS stores is not always easy and meet deadline. I really have to go out of my way..and I always snag a few labels etc..But this time I could only take 3..What is the difference? I obviously use them for their intened purposes!

I also had a UPS package dropped off to me at my home. I had a package going back..Asked the driver if he picked it up if I would be charged extra..He said yes! He told me the drop box down the street is where it should go..he would pick that up later in the day..But he was very nice and took it and said he would scan it in later with the rest of the box stuff..Crazy!

Reply by parkerc/ME on 4/19/10 8:25pm
Msg #332411

Legal UPS envelopes

Haven't had too much problem getting the FedEx legal envelopes, they're usually under the self-serve counter and can ask for a few if the counter is empty. But the UPS Store is sure miserly with theirs. I ask for 3 and get this "you can order a supply from online" . . but I know I'd have to open an account with them and I just don't want to do that. So every time I see a different person behind the UPS counter, I finagle a few more.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 4/19/10 8:31pm
Msg #332413

Just go to the dropbox.

Takes as much as you can of whatever you need.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 4/19/10 8:40pm
Msg #332417

Re: Just go to the dropbox.

There is never any legal in the drop boxes..If there is I snag them!

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 4/19/10 10:17pm
Msg #332440

Re: Just go to the dropbox.

I go to a UPS dropbox outside of a title company office. It's about 20 minutes away. I can usually get all I need.
I get my FedEx legal envelopes directly from FedEx. They will deliver as much as I want. However, I am very careful to get my shipping labels from a FedEx dropbox!

Reply by Deborah Breedlove on 4/20/10 6:20pm
Msg #332605

Why not open an account?

It's so much easier to print labels and order supplies. I've never been charged back on my account in over 7 years of doing closings. I suppose there's a first time for everything, but not a serious risk in my experience. I'd worry much more about deadbeat companies who don't pay my invoice.

Once I did a closing for a lender directly, and they didn't have a UPS account number. I put it my account and they reimbursed me in full. Otherwise, I've never had a charge on my account.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 4/19/10 8:39pm
Msg #332416

your post reminded me of something funny

when I read your post saying you would be using the envelopes for the intended purpose, I had to laugh! When my youngest was about 12 or 13, his friend somehow opened a UPS account, and had hundreds of UPS shipping packages shipped to him. They built a 5 ft. x 5 ft. fort in the living room of his friends house.

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/19/10 8:55pm
Msg #332419

Yay...another opportunity for me to post "FedEx Furniture"

http://www.ehow.com/how_5026563_make-fedex-furniture.html

There used to be a whole website dedicated to this craft, but FedEx made them take it down. Frown

Reply by jba/fl on 4/19/10 9:12pm
Msg #332426

GMTA n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 4/19/10 8:56pm
Msg #332420

Re: your post reminded me of something funny

A few years back, there was a web site showing all the furniture that someone made with FedEx boxes of various sizes. FedEx made them remove it - this is not5 what the boxes were indended for was the reasoning. Guy had furnished his whole apartment with his 'furniture'. Very clever designs too.

Reply by jba/fl on 4/19/10 9:05pm
Msg #332422

Re: your post reminded me of something funny

I can't believe it - it's back up.

http://www.jaffejuice.com/2005/08/fedex_you_blew_.html

http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/2005/08/68492

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/news/ghetto-style-fedex-furniture-makes-fedex-furious-003592

Reply by Cari on 4/20/10 5:43am
Msg #332460

I would send a letter to the heads of Fed Ex with ur post!

I'd be specific enough to get some folks in hot water.

One thing that I absolutely do not tolerate in my own biz, and can't stand in others, are lazi-a$$ employees!

I would've insisted in speaking with the manager, and the cordially/tactfully, gave them a piece of my mind...PLUS I would've asked for the name of the district and regional managers!

And I always get a receipt for ALL of my packages...CYA is my motto!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.