Notary Rotary
Finding new work
Notary Discussion History

Finding new work
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Coordinated Real Estate Services on 4/29/10 1:23pm
Msg #334167

Finding new work

Anyone have any ideas on how to get more signings, companies im currently working with have been really slow

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 4/29/10 1:28pm
Msg #334170

Boy have you opened yourself up to criticism. Use your noodle like everyone else does. This site gives all the answers figure it out. Read marketing books if you have to.

Reply by Coordinated Real Estate Services on 4/29/10 2:52pm
Msg #334188

Critized for asking a question? But I was using my noodle bouncing ideas off of other's is usually a good idea, not?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/29/10 3:00pm
Msg #334193

Go to Signing Central and start checking on the

4-5 star companies in there that you *haven't* signed up with yet....I'm sure there are probably a lot.

Just be sure to read the reviews and linked threads carefully so you ensure you sign up with the last-reported "payers"...Smile

Good Luck.

Reply by Reverse Mortgage of America - Jessica on 4/29/10 1:50pm
Msg #334174

i agree with irene, but who's to say that there aren't new ideas out there? i'm not familiar with nj, so i'm not sure if what's worked for me will work for you...

this won't work for everyone, but for myself, i've been in contact with brokers that are advertising a "no cost" or "streamline" refinance. basically, the broker is paying the closing costs from their proceeds they get on the back end. it's pretty easy to get a fee of $XXX and still beat the signing service rate they might currently be paying for. offer an incentive for cash service, too. like a small percentage off.

Reply by Coordinated Real Estate Services on 4/29/10 2:53pm
Msg #334191

Thanks, that is a new idea -

Reply by Reverse Mortgage of America - Jessica on 4/29/10 3:31pm
Msg #334197

you have to think outside of the box in this economy...everyone is looking for a great deal. let's say you find a broker that is covering the closing costs on his current pipeline and he closes 10 files each month. he currently is paying a signing service fee of $175 and your regular fee is $150, you've just saved him $250! even better, if you offer an incentive to pay cash upfront, like your fee for cash service would be $125, you've now saved him $500!
you could always market yourself with something like..."i can save you an average of $XXX each month over a signing service" works for me...

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 4/29/10 4:31pm
Msg #334206

works for me?

Are you really getting brokers to pay you upfront cash out of pocket? Sounds too good to be true.

Reply by Reverse Mortgage of America - Jessica on 4/29/10 4:42pm
Msg #334211

Re: works for me?

yup...a few guys here and there. at the end of the day, the broker is looking to increase the amount of money they take home.

a notary who "makes" the broker money...sounds like a good deal to them. offer a better rate than their current signing service if they use you for their local stuff or the option to save more money when you are paid up front. for the brokers that are paying for the closing costs out of their fees, it's a win-win situation.

Reply by LKT/CA on 4/29/10 3:56pm
Msg #334202

Increase your marketing strategies. Also, use the orange search and look up msg. 299520

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.