Notary Rotary
From "13 Things Your Plumber Won't Tell You":
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by GOLDGIRL/CA on 4/11/10 2:49pm
Msg #331242

Number 11. Always jiggling the toilet handle? You need to replace the flap valve. The part costs $4, and it’s an easy fix. I charge $100 just to walk in the door.

... and we (not me, cos I don't have to and won't) work for $75 to close a loan. Not putting down plumbers, bless their hearts, but while you're keeping all the low-ballers in business, think of the plumber (of course, they have great unions).

Reply by JanetK_CA on 4/11/10 6:03pm
Msg #331263

GREAT point!

Because plumbers know what their time is worth and that they have overhead they have to pay. Also, they expect to be paid for their expertise. They understand that the value of that repair job is not just the wholesale cost of the part, but the knowledge that they were able to identify the problem and that they have the skill and the tools to easily fix it.

"I charge $100 just to walk in the door."

Not only should we think about this in relation to loan signings, but also in relation to the travel fees (where allowed) that we charge for general notary work!

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/11/10 6:15pm
Msg #331267

Re: GREAT point! also..

Another perspective....you don't fix pluming on a frequent basis nor do you get a home loan/refi on a frequent basis either!

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 4/11/10 6:38pm
Msg #331270

LOL James True, very True n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.