Posted by John_NorCal on 4/24/10 11:09pm
Msg #333360

Good bye - farewell. It's been a fun ride but no longer. n/m

Reply by Cari on 4/24/10 11:15pm
Msg #333361

hey, if you ride up route 66, come look me up ;) take care! n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/25/10 12:05am
Msg #333362

Re: Good bye - farewell. It's been a fun ride but no longer.

Thanks for your contributions John. Ever in the bay area give me a call or text, I'll meet no charge Smile

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/25/10 12:10am
Msg #333363

Re: this side...also look up Doug, notaries in motion

He's a Harley man in Corona and excellent SS

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/25/10 12:32am
Msg #333364

Bye, John, cruise easy! n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 4/25/10 1:40am
Msg #333367

Re: Good bye, good luck and God bless. n/m

Reply by Grammyzoom on 4/25/10 2:04am
Msg #333368

Never had a chance to get to know you, but

I am wishing you well and safe travels. My husband and I became full time RVers and traveled this beautiful country from one end to the other for 10 years. We have wonderful memories, great friends and will never regret that time in our lives. Have a Ball!!

Reply by PAW on 4/25/10 6:54am
Msg #333369

Good bye, John.

It certainly has been my pleasure to work and chat with you. Your contributions will certainly be missed. I'm sure you will be very successful in whatever endeavor you choose.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 4/25/10 7:14am
Msg #333372

Re: Good bye, John.

Please stop in to say HI once in a while, we are going to miss you and your postings!

Reply by MW/VA on 4/25/10 9:54am
Msg #333379

Sorry to see you go. Wishing you safe & fun travels. n/m

Reply by kathy/ca on 4/25/10 10:42am
Msg #333383

John, I sure agree with you, " this biz is no longer fun"...

When I started out in 2003 for the first 5 years, I thought being a SA was the best thing that could happen to me. I quit real estate to do it full time.

Many days I had up to 5+ signings a day and things seemed to flow. Overnight docs were the norm and payment was good (average $150 and above).

Now its all about liability issues, chasing down payment, wasting hours on late documents etc, etc. I dont like it anymore either, it has become too stressful for the amount of pay now.

Anyway, have a great "ride" and if you ever make it to the So Cal coast, say "hi"!

You will be missed on this board but we all wish you well!

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/25/10 11:26am
Msg #333391

Re: John, I sure agree with you, " this biz is no longer fun"...

Kathy you and John (his profile comments) seems to sum up pretty what I'm seeing by member's general post and comments. It's really sad this has happen to what I see are a very dedicated group of professionals serving the public. Those who do this full time must certainly feel John's pain and likely share. I've only been doing this part-time for almost three years now and certainly don't want to enter the "no fun zone"!

John's location is very beautiful and because it's so close, I feel a connection there. The pursuit of happiness is the best choice one could make. I've had three careers over 45 years and I know how "ride" when it ain't no fun!

Reply by MW/VA on 4/25/10 5:07pm
Msg #333439

I'm with you on that. It's sad to see some of the pros

leaving the business. It sounds like John is heading out on the highway of retirement.
Several times a day I would like to escape to a motor home & hit the road.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/25/10 10:50am
Msg #333385

I'M GONNA SUE!! FOR ABANDONMENT!!

Your fine is you MUST continue to visit and participate...I refuse to relinquish my right to pick your brain!!!

LOL...seriously John - the best of luck to you...enjoy!!

<<I will win, by the way>>..Smile

Reply by SharonH/OH on 4/25/10 11:06am
Msg #333388

Will miss your input, John. Good luck. n/m

Reply by Roger_OH on 4/25/10 11:18am
Msg #333390

Semper Fi, buddy! We'll miss ya, but enjoy life! n/m

Reply by John/CT on 4/25/10 3:45pm
Msg #333419

Likewise!! n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/25/10 11:38am
Msg #333392

Missing you already. Please drop in from time to time! n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 4/25/10 12:31pm
Msg #333398

Can't say I blame you! I had the craziest end of month week ever last week. Grouchy borrowers, testy lenders, exacting escrow/title. Lower fees, more jumping through hoops. I have another busy week coming up to close whatever couldn't close last week, then I'm taking a few days off. Regroup, reenergize and clear...This business has changed a great deal from the early days when I jumped in around 1999-2000. I think we'll see a lot of signing services die out there. As my GPS says, unverified area, use caution while navigating in this area.

Meanwhile, I'm still dialing in on my good customers who've been with me all along the path, ups and downs included. All the best. If you ever take that Harley on a road trip to the Central Coast, look us up. We're HOGs too.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 4/25/10 1:09pm
Msg #333400

You'll be missed John

Your intellect, your knowledge, your great way of speaking AND let's not forget those fabulous pictures you shared with us all. God Bless and good luck to your and yours.

Reply by dickb/wi on 4/25/10 1:13pm
Msg #333401

may the good Lord travel with u wherever u r....thanks for..

all u have done 4 this forum and i didn't know u were an x marine [as am i] so Semoer-Fi....please do not forget to drop in when u can and let us know how things are going........God Bless......

Reply by Linda Juenger on 4/25/10 1:17pm
Msg #333402

Good Luck, Have Fun, Be Safe n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 4/25/10 1:19pm
Msg #333404

Good for you! Congratulations on your decision. Good Luck! n/m

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 4/25/10 1:41pm
Msg #333406

You will have fun ....... When the weather is good, ZG1200 is my preferred mode of transportation.

I have not marketed myself for signings in a while. I am with you. Tired of low ball offers and spending more time collecting from formerly good companies than I am doing anything else. Not fun. Keeping my commission active, though. Bikes, much more fun. Got got involved part time in a hardware store where I am at one week a month up in NorCal. So if you are riding in the Sierra Foothills pass a hardware store in one of those small towns with a Red Kawasaki parked in front with a "Notary on Duty" sign in the window, drop in, coffee will be hot. May even have doughnuts is your timing is right.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 4/25/10 1:55pm
Msg #333410

Ummm doughnuts. n/m

Reply by Alice/MD on 4/25/10 1:53pm
Msg #333409

Re:Thanks for your contributions to this forum, n/m

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 4/25/10 7:12pm
Msg #333479

Good bye and good luck. Drop back in when you get the chance n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 4/26/10 12:26am
Msg #333512

John, your perspective & common sense will be sorely missed!

I wish you well in whatever your next chapter brings - and like the others said, don't be a stranger!

Reply by CopperheadVA on 4/26/10 5:22am
Msg #333515

Good luck to you and enjoy your Harley ride! I really can't blame you - this biz can be sooooo frustrating, and fees offered have been lowered to the point where you ask yourself "Why bother???". I've been taking classes in another field so I can go in another direction. I'll still do closings when I can, but I will be able to be much more choosy about who I work for and will only take the higher- and faster-paying clients.

Love your profile message!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.