Notary Rotary
HELP - .pdf claims I need to install a printer
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Sharon Taylor on 4/15/10 11:08am
Msg #331844

Apparently Microsoft did an overnight update which I read on Kim Komado included "fixing" some Adobe Reader loopholes. My computer automatically reboots after such updates.
I just downloaded and attempted to print a confirmation, only to recieve a message that "Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer."
And I cannot close the Adobe Reader window. It is Adobe Reader 9.3.1 version.
I then attempted to print an email - no problem.
I called up an old downloaded .pdf and attempted to print it - problem! It would not print, the same message appeared, and I cannot close Adobe Reader.
Suggestions, ideas, solutions?

Reply by Cari on 4/15/10 11:10am
Msg #331846

did u try rebooting....? this happened to me recently...

and it was such a mess, that I had uninstall my Adobe and then reinstall it....

Reply by Sharon Taylor on 4/15/10 11:24am
Msg #331848

Thanks, Cari. Rebooting seems to have fixed it for now

Hopefully there won't be any more problems. I ran Registry Mechanic, and none of my other protection programs have an alert, so it "should" be OK. Don't you just love fixes that fix one thing but break something else? LOL

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/15/10 11:24am
Msg #331849

After you try what Cari mentions, you might also try system recovery and/or restoral point.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.