Notary Rotary
I got my first
Notary Discussion History

I got my first
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by RJE/MI on 4/16/10 7:45am
Msg #331952

I got my first

Trusted ID Agent job from XYZ. I called the client and he told me he's not going to do it. He said he's already done this for his company. He said he knows exactly what's going to happen. There are 30 to 40 other contractors and he is the only one that has to do this and he's going to end up getting all the work for not only himself but eveyone else because no one else will have the key. Sounds like maybe his particular organization is fighting the xyz's program. I wonder if others have been denying this program also.

Sorry about any grammer or typos but gotta go sign now.

Reply by A S Johnson on 4/16/10 9:53am
Msg #331968

I am NOT a supporter of XYZ, even though I am a member for various reasons. I do make money from that membership.
TEA is a part of XYZ that has a contract with Dept of Denfense to verify and certify contractors who need to get infromation on line from thier secure websites for the product/services they provide in the DOD procurement process. Your are IDing the responsible person who controls access to those websites and notarizing thier sig and providing them thier access code.
It seems the TEA group of XYZ won the current contract for ovious reasons.
By the way the fees are low. The ones I have done were a distance from me and they paid my $30 per 50 miles of travel RT and the $35 for the work to download, print, meet the client, get the paperwork done and fax these in (you distroy the papers after the faxed ones are approved. This takes a total of about an hour ($30 is what I get for an hour of my time).
An aside, I do some signing and notarizing for federal agencies. The compensation is $30 an hour plus millage (currently 58 cent per mile or about $30 per hour of travel of 50 miles) and food per deim of $45 if you travel more than RT of 100 miles in a 24 hour period.

Reply by PJM/MI on 4/16/10 10:22am
Msg #331977

RJM/MI. PM me please n/m

Reply by RJE/MI on 4/16/10 11:23am
Msg #331984

I have turned down these jobs in the past because of the distance to drive and the low fee but this time my appointment was just down the road from me so I decided I'd give it a try. I just thought it was interesting to see xyz try to get into a field that already exists and try to take it over. Kind of reminds me of xyz taking over the mobile notary business even though it has already existed.

I know I'm might hear from some stating that because I support them I am no better but when I first got into NSA I only new of XYZ and now I have several clients that require it so I continue my membership begrudgingly.

Hope everyone is having a busy signing day today! Smile

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/16/10 1:47pm
Msg #332013

I personally think everyone has a right to do what they want to do. This forum is for Notaries and a majority of us are working as NSA and also doing general notary work. I don't see that there's an issue with what you chose to do. There are also forums specific to your specific jobs. It is who you are, not what you do. They just laid off an entire plant, Nummi in my area, they should be checking out this forum too!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.