Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
I love my old XP 640m Inspiron, but I think it's dying.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by BrendaTx on 4/4/10 5:08pm
Msg #330318

I have a young Inspiron 15 with Vista, but I just miss XP. I think I'm going to wind up buying a refurbished XP machine for my next back up. Kinda crazy, going backwards. I have Windows 7 on another machine and don't care of it either. From what I can tell, the new operating systems just don't use their resources as wisely, or something. I like my Vista better than the W7.

Anyone want to tell me how crazy I am to sink a few hundred into a less than state of the art machine?

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 4/4/10 5:14pm
Msg #330319

I don't think that's crazy! I hate 7. My laptop came with Vista and a free upgrade to 7. My husband installed 7 when we got it. I hated it so much. We had to BUY a Vista disc to go back to Vista.

Reply by MikeC/NY on 4/4/10 6:23pm
Msg #330323

"I like my Vista better than the W7."

You're probably the only one on the planet that feels that way... Smile

I am still running XP on my three computers, and refuse to upgrade until the bugs are out of W7. I believe in the old saying that you can always tell the pioneers because they're the ones with the arrows in their backs.

Vista was never even an option for me; W7 sounds better, but the jury is still out. I've contemplated switching to Linux more than once...

Reply by Philip Johnson on 4/4/10 6:27pm
Msg #330324

I run an XP machine as my backup

Bought it off Craigs list for $25.00 from some guy who couldn't stand anything old. I've put $60.00 of memory in it and it now serves as my 24 hour weather/backup machine. No problem

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/4/10 7:33pm
Msg #330330

That's how I got my current fave Dell

My friend wanted bells and whistles. I paid her $200 for it a couple of years ago. It's got mileage on it now! I have it fully backed up, though. I'm waiting for that day of demise.

Reply by Frank/NC on 4/4/10 6:52pm
Msg #330327

I have a new computer with windows 7 and absolutely hate it. Would go back to XP in a heartbeat.

Reply by MW/VA on 4/4/10 7:38pm
Msg #330331

I have XP on my 3 computers--desktop, laptop & netbook.

I bought a Dell Vostro about a year ago & was able to get XP on it, bought a Compaq/HP
laptop (from a guy that sells them for businesses) and have XP on it, bought an Acer Netbook just before Christmas w/XP.
Whether I'm behind the times or not, I still think XP works the best. Granted, it doesn't have as many bells & whistles, but I need it to be compatible with QB, etc.
I've heard W7 has a lot of really cool features--like sticky note. I think I can live without it.

Reply by Maureen_nh on 4/4/10 9:49pm
Msg #330344

Re: I have XP on my 3 computers--desktop, laptop & netbook.

I think what I am hearing here is that XP (love it) is a work horse and newer versions are playing to a different crowd, not so business related. Keep on trucking very old computer. PLEASE

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.