Notary Rotary
It's not about the $1.00
Notary Discussion History

It's not about the $1.00
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by RJE/MI on 4/23/10 3:38pm
Msg #333094

It's not about the $1.00

It's about integrity and professionalism and keeping your word.

I posted before about Signature Closers reducing their fees because they felt the $1,000,000 E&O insurance they purchased for us NSAs (which would cost us a reduction of $1.00 to help them pay for it) and the loss they are taking from the TC that reduced what they were paying them should be shared between NSAs and them.

I have refused to do any more signings with them because the fee was already so low for the distance they need me to go.

They really needed me to do a signing for them recently. I explained once again that I would not help them pay for their E&O and split their losses with them. I have my own E&O and my own losses and I'm not asking you to pay me for that.

She told me she would go ahead and pay me what they normally did before cutting their costs.

Well I got my check yesterday and guess what? They did not make me share the supposed reduction they are now getting from the TC but they sure did take that darn $1 out of my check to pay for their $1,000,000.00 E&O Policy.

I'm not petty but it felt like a slap in the face. We don't care what we told you, this is what we are going to do and your going to like weather you like it or not.

Well I got a call from them this morning needing someone to do a signing for them today because the NSA they originally hired for the job backed out.

I didn't even argue with them. Just told them I was booked.

When are they going to learn that not every Notary out there just woke up one day and said "hey I think I will be a Notary Public?"

I'm pretty sure that the $xx.xx notaries out there are not as devoted to this profession as the rest of us. (Not all of them, some of them just need to learn.)

I have never cancelled on an appointment that I agreed to. I have driven through snow storms and even got stuck once. I'm busiest on Friday nights. I have no problem giving up a Friday night to work. I have taken last minute appointments.

When is loyalty, experience, and respect ever going to count for anything with some of these SS?

I can just picture it. Some newbie just got a signing job for $50.00 on a Friday night. Then their friends calls and says hey were going to the club tonight. Do you wanna come? Let's see: Do I give up a night of fun for $50.00?

Reply by Cari on 4/23/10 3:48pm
Msg #333102

...for some newbies on this forum, that IS their beer money!

And I thought that was really cool of you to NOT argue over the missing buck issue.

When they finally get burned by that $1.50 notary MAYBE they'll learn.

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 4/23/10 4:25pm
Msg #333120

Same thimg with Settlement Corp....

They insist on a $12.50 doc print fee even though they want 3 mortgages and 2 notes in their completed package. When they agreed to pay my $25.00 print fee...they sent my check $12.50 short. I'm done with that. Called them to say that "I" run my business and set my fees...not them. After serving them for 10 years+ I asked them to not ever call me again. The nerve of these people !

Reply by Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 12/14/11 12:06pm
Msg #406593

Hey Renee,

This is Mark Fleming Jr. with Signature Closers, and I am not sure if you are aware but we have moved beyond the $1 reduction for the $1,000,000 policy, and I apologize for the error on your check. I will correct it if we have not remedied this mistake. Like you said, it's not about the $1.00 for us either.

As we have grown over the course of our business life, we have had to make many adjustments to our pricing structure and more. Some decisions we have made were regrettable and poor, and I feel others are strong and good for all involved. We do value what you do and appreciate the time and effort you put into closings. I personally conduct closings and have done so for many years so I completely understand your point.

I certainly hope as we evolve our company we can become an advocate for our closers. We recently rolled out a closer profile to our closers allowing them to view closings, update documents we need on file, and provide updates on closing status (soon to happen in less than a week on this part). We believe we constantly balance the needs of our clients and our closers, and we certainly hope to re-earn your respect and service.

Thanks for all you have done for us over the years and please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally.

Sincerely,

Mark Fleming Jr.
President
Signature Closers, LLC

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.