Notary Rotary
John has the best idea of the year - hit the road, and
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Susan Fischer on 4/26/10 10:29pm
Msg #333666

my commission is up next May. I want to pick GrammyZoom's brain on the fine arts of RVing, and start gathering Navy Points of Interest info for Dad...

The rants are getting to be the norm; the newly-hatched batches of "graduates" are predictably timed; the stacks are getting ever-thicker; gas and printing costs are steadily rising; the mistakes by Lenders and Title are increasing; Borrowers are getting fed up with everybody; and, Im tired, I don't want to work anymore.

Not that every job throughout my life has been a cakewalk, but here in NotaryWorld, at least I have control of ~me~ in terms of my business.

I won't bore everyone with the train wreck for my poor borrowers since Friday (well, they've dealt with a ton before I even got the assignment.)

Ok. Maybe I won't get to actually practice the fine art of RVing, but I'm really looking forward to next Spring. Wink

Bye again, John. <wave wave>

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 4/27/10 6:38am
Msg #333680

Good luck Susan have fun traveling.

Reply by cawest/PA on 4/27/10 7:09am
Msg #333685

oh I think you should really try the Rving .... it is so much fun and you really make good friends along the way ...

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/27/10 7:19am
Msg #333687

That was always MY retirement dream..

My aunt and uncle did it way back when - they retired, sold everything they owned, bought an RV and traveled the country for the rest of their retired lives...that always sounded so great to me but it's hard to do when hubby's retirement dream is horses...LOL...

We talked about it not so long ago - we both decided that although it sounds great we think we'd soon tire of it and wish for "roots" again....not to mention gas prices now...

Ah well....maybe I'll buy a lil scooter and scoot around the 5 acres every now and then - "pretend" I"m RV'ing...LOL

And all those who CAN do this? Ohhh...Enjoy!!

Reply by jba/fl on 4/27/10 8:19am
Msg #333698

Re: That was always MY retirement dream..

Get yourself a little riding tractor/mower that can pull a cart too. Then you can stay productive until the end. LOL But seriously....

Or, come kayaking with me....float your way through the years to come. You are in such a great area - I'm always up in your neck of the woods: Sante Fe, Suwannee, Oklawaha, Silver, Withlacoochee ----- not to mention the springs - zillions up there.

Reply by Grammyzoom on 4/27/10 9:09am
Msg #333709

Send me your email addresses and I will send you

a book I wrote called "Your Home On Wheels", Beginners Guide to becoming a Part Time or Full Time RVer.

I am not advertising because I will NOT CHARGE you for the email version. I also put together a website at http:beginningrvers.com

There is a lot of stories and information there. We had such a wonderful time living and traveling in the RV that I love sharing information about it. My book is about 11 years old now but it still applies. It was a best seller on Amazon for years and a lot of RV Dealers and Parks all over America and Canada sold it. We have decided to retire the book because of it's age. There are newer versions out there and frankly I don't have time to deal with it anymore.

So, if you are interested, send me an email and I will be happy to send an email version of the book to you in the next couple of days.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 4/27/10 3:15pm
Msg #333774

I'm with you Susie

I agree completely with your post, couldn't have said it better, lol!

I couldn't believe a couple of the e-mails I've received this month. One was from a company I've never worked for but know of, wanted me to sign up because of the "volumn" in my area (yea...right baby) and also mentioned "the customary fees of $30 for overnights and $60 for e-docs". After I got done laughing I just deleted it. Got another one today, similar text but different company.

I'm going to stick with the few I do business with right now BUT I'm phasing out. The pay (or lack thereof) doesn't justify the risk OR the headaches. I'm calmer now, no stress...yippeee!

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/27/10 4:19pm
Msg #333804

Just read GrammyZ's RVing for Newbies (my title) and

boy, really have the bug.

First things first. I need her truck, her 5th wheel, and her hubby.

Ok. You create a diversion, and I'll get the goods, and off we go -

Stop looking back, she'll never catch up.

Whaddya mean, "things in the mirror are actually closer..."

Blamblamblam.

Oh, Hi GrammyZ. Howzit goin? Bill? Nope, haven't seen him. What muffled sound? Where?

Dang you GrammyZ - you are - f-a-s-t!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.