Notary Rotary
Longest Signing Award?
Notary Discussion History

Longest Signing Award?
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by KimTOR on 4/24/10 12:38am
Msg #333196

Longest Signing Award?

Seriously I must be cursed with the "read everything" people. My last signing was 2 hours. This one was almost 4!!!! The lady was a bookkeeper and her husband was a former real estate person. The amount of mistakes on these documents was totally uncalled for! Needless to say after several calls back to the loan officer, who was quite flustered after the evening, the documents are signed.

I want to say however that the borrowers were very nice and meticulous people. Quite friendly but understandably a bit grumpy by the end of the whole thing. And boy was I hungry! Next time maybe I need to prepare for an 8 hour signing, have a lunch break or something?!?!?

Ok just had to get that out of my system. It was really a bit traumatizing. If I had a bathtub I'd go soak in it for a while. I deserve it. Guess a hot shower will have to do.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/24/10 12:43am
Msg #333197

4 hours?? I would have been a bit peeved too. All that and they will probably cancel the loan on 'Day 3'. Hope you're being well compensated.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 4/24/10 1:19am
Msg #333201

My worst one was also four hours. A lovely couple--both African immigrants, their common language was English but it wasn't a first language for either, so naturally, they really needed to move slowly through the documents to understand it. Got out of there at midnight and can't believe I didn't miss any signatures. I was sooo tired!

Reply by KimTOR on 4/24/10 1:43am
Msg #333203

Missing a sig is my biggest worry. I looked over them twice as I had plenty of time while they were on the phone! I'll look over them again before I send them in tomorrow. By the end though I don't know about the last few pages. Cross my fingers.

Reply by CF on 4/24/10 1:28pm
Msg #333295

Hope it was a good client...b/c I would have NEVER sat

through that!!! JMO

Reply by John/CT on 4/24/10 2:57pm
Msg #333303

Exactly! As Paul Williamson once said,

"I'm here to watch you sign these papers, not to watch you read them." In my opening remarks I tell the borrower(s): "I am going to zip through every one of these pages ... at about 500 feet & 500 miles an hour ... ask you to sign and date where needed and move on." I remind them about their three-day RTC, and ask if that's OK with them. Every so often, I'll get someone who says they won 't sign anything without reading it first. My response: "That's OK with me, but I hope you're a speed reader because I must leave (looking at my watch) in one hour, finished or not. If not, the process will have to start all over again." I also like to cover this during my confirmation call. Worked every time.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.