Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Make sure you get your fee in writing.....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Jul003 on 4/1/10 5:03pm
Msg #330015

I've been in this business for over 15 years so I've formed many business relationships with various companies through the years. Sometimes the schedulers don't tell you everything they need done with a signing upfront, so you price accordingly. They tell you after the signing to fax back docs or you find out at the signing the wife is signing at a different location. Even if you've been working for a company for years and years, get it in writing before doing so even if they say "Ok, I'll go ahead and change it on my end". They sometimes forget to do it and then you're out of that extra fee.

Reply by Patti Corcoran on 4/1/10 5:24pm
Msg #330016

so true. especially when they say that the docs will be overnighted and then at the last minute you have to print them! I got burned with "I'll change it on my end" only once, then I learned!

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 4/1/10 7:38pm
Msg #330030

Your in business for yourself. When confirming the closing (if I have docs) I tell the borrower who's expected to be at the closing and confirm the address where to meet. If the loan pkg isn't in your possession when confirming ask the borrower a few questions i.e. is there anyone else on the title to the property then tell them who must attend the closing. Even if I get the loan package last minute I'll call bo again to verify who must be present. You certainly have the right to call the Signing Co or Title to tell them you didn't factor in a additional trip for spouse for fax backs. If they say they can't do it on this loan pkg add it on the next closing a little at a time. Write down a cheat sheet so when they call you can price the closing accordingly. And if they agree to change your fee ask for an updated order with correct price and bug them until they send the order.. I don't think they do it on purpose it could be a busy office so your following up is that much more important.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.