Notary Rotary
NOTROT Not #1 Anymore?
Notary Discussion History

NOTROT Not #1 Anymore?
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by PJM/MI on 4/13/10 10:19pm
Msg #331611

NOTROT Not #1 Anymore?

Hey.. NotRot isn't #1 on Google OR yahoo anymore. What happened?

Reply by Michelle/AL on 4/13/10 10:37pm
Msg #331614

It is for me, PJM.

Last year was the first time I would see my profile on NotRot listed in search results for Google. I checked again tonight and it still shows up on the first page (depending on the search terms used). Haven't checked Yahoo in awhile so I can't speak to that. While I don't
have proof, I think one reason I show up is because of words I use in my profile, and/or the
fact that I do post here in the forum at least once a week. Now that I think about it...there are probably other factors to consider as well. Too many to list.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 4/14/10 3:07am
Msg #331632

Not for me - or even close

I think it may have to do with geography, as well. Even though I've long been listed as the very first person in my area, I haven't gotten any business from Notary Rotary in quite some time - maybe over a year. A good while back, I think Harry changed his approach to marketing the website and I noticed that it no longer shows up anywhere on the first page of several search engines, using a variety of searches, in my area. In fact, for the first time in roughly six years, I'm considered letting my Premier Membership lapse (just got a renewal notice today). I think he was using pay-per-click (?) and that may vary by area. An SEO approach would probably be more cost-effective, but I haven't seen the results.

I'm glad to hear that it is working for others, though!

Reply by jba/fl on 4/14/10 9:27am
Msg #331661

Re: Not for me - or even close

Same here. I have been searching all combos I can think of, and NR is just not showing up except near the bottom of the page under Mobile Notary Public. Not enough, just not enough. It used to be right up top no matter how I searched. What happened?

I also am considering not renewing for premier membership as I am not getting anything from here anymore. Sad to say, but I did get more from 2 other sites and still do. I know demand is down, but my advertising dollars are also down. Results have to be considered.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 4/14/10 10:26am
Msg #331670

Re: Not for me - or even close

I have noticed the exact same thing. I can't remember the last time some one told me they found me on NR....too bad. Hope Harry is reading these posts, and rethinks his game plan.

Reply by Cari on 4/14/10 12:38pm
Msg #331687

I've yet to see my name on this site, googled...good 4 u! n/m

Reply by lindab on 4/14/10 9:14am
Msg #331660

So where are these "lists" of notaries for hire?

Reply by Susan/CA on 4/14/10 9:57am
Msg #331664

Every time I do a search it's no where on the page!

I would not have even thought to check but now that I did check notaryrotary.cm doesn't even come up at all when I do a search for notary public! Oh my gosh...what a shame! I won't be renewing either... & I won't encourage my daughter to join either. What do you think happened?

Frown

Reply by Cari on 4/14/10 12:44pm
Msg #331689

alot of it has to do with meta tags...google picks these up

from various websites and puts the top 'matching' on the first page.

Perhaps Harry's tech folks need to 'update' their meta tags. I do this quite often on my websites, and it truly works.

It keeps your business info on the first page or at least on the the top 5 spots.

Plus google has great analytics and it shows you how users found your business from which search engine, and part of the country, etc. It's quite interesting if your a computer geek like moi.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 4/14/10 3:18pm
Msg #331710

I believe it's his marketing strategy - comments, Harry?

I don't remember if it was via a public post or response to an email, but I did read something from Harry a long time ago (I'm very bad at time estimates - could have been six months, could have been a couple of years...Wink) that his internet marketing budget was getting too expensive. He might have been using pay-per-click, which CAN bleed you do death. I even referred someone I know who is a wizard at Search Engine Optimization but I don't know what happened. It IS his business and he has a right to do whatever he wants - but we are all faced with the same kinds of business decisions.

We all want to see this board thrive and succeed and I have continued to pay my Premier Membership in the past with that intent. However, in this market, as Julie I think mentioned, we need to be extra careful where our advertising dollars get spent. The discounts on supplies (which I need less of these days...) don't make up for the difference! I suspect memberships are way down. And I'm guessing that is why we no longer see the numbers for other members within XX miles of our zip code.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.