Notary Rotary
NO calls
Notary Discussion History

NO calls
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Bravo on 4/27/10 4:59pm
Msg #333823

NO calls

I'm beginning to wonder what is going on...have all the signing agencies shut down? Has my phone number been lost? The only calls I'm getting for work are $50 jobs that I am refusing. Is this a sign of the bad economy or are we looking at something long term here? I'm beginning to get a tad worried. Anyone want to hire a retired Escrow Officer????

Reply by Grammyzoom on 4/27/10 5:12pm
Msg #333829

OH NO....SAVE YOURSELF! You do not want to go back to Escrow!!

Reply by Bravo on 4/27/10 5:16pm
Msg #333833

I dearly love the business, though it has changed alot since I worked. Its being tied to a desk job that I would have a problem with.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/27/10 5:20pm
Msg #333837

Tenacity

Tenacity is required right now in this industry. I enjoy being self-employed. Plus, I do have a decent government pension as I am now retired. But I'm in it for the long haul. Hang in there.

Reply by Ali/IL on 4/27/10 5:23pm
Msg #333841

Re: Tenacity

I just divorced. So, it is hard. But, right now am budgeting. Hang in there.

Reply by Grammyzoom on 4/27/10 5:58pm
Msg #333868

Seriously,

I also loved escrow for all of the years I was in it! But I don't think that I could handle the pressure of the job anymore, especially as a manager, and like you, would not want to be tied down to a desk 40 - 70 hours a week.

The advise to hang in there is good. I always say that "the cream always rises to the top". We have seen the ups and downs of this business many times over the years and it is the good ones, the patient ones and the ones that go the extra distance for their clients that makes them survivors. So just concentrate on being a survivor and try to expand your business while it is slow.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/28/10 1:02am
Msg #333928

Re: Tenacity - Starting over is a challenge, but there

is a ton of support here for able students.

Bolster your grit with education. So much to be learned, Ali. This is a great resource for information and help - if you show your willingness to study, to research, to read, and to ask pertinent questions for clarification and discussion.

Best of luck, Ali. Divorce is like a death - of a family - and many can empathize and commiserate with you, but probably not on this forum. Where we can be helpful though, is in your journey of education, along with your ingenuity and desire to dive in and help yourself.

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/28/10 9:39am
Msg #333938

I not trying to be cynical but in a way, I welcome the slow periods, allows me more time for my art work and life itself.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/28/10 10:14am
Msg #333944

totally agree. the slow periods offer me a good balance too. being retired now, sometimes i want to relax and breath the fresh air off the chesapeake bay! and since my husband still works and i collect a moderate pension, i'm ok with my 'days off'.

Reply by notary/OR on 4/28/10 1:17pm
Msg #333974

My phone has never been so silent as it has been this month. In the last year I completed my bachelors degree and am now about to start on a Masters program. It's to bad it's so slow, but keep busy doing something productive, anything!! Calls will come sooner or later....hopefully not to much later!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.