Notary Rotary
NREIS
Notary Discussion History

NREIS
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by A S Johnson on 4/16/10 2:44pm
Msg #332018

NREIS

Just spoke with Jolie Davis,800-753-3339 ext 7105 about a signing 12/09/09.
She check it and found it was open, thier processor did not close it out.
A check will be cut in thier next payment cycle, which I explained was not acceptable as this was not my mistake and thier was no effort on thier part to fix the problem aND I had tried an number of times to contact them.
Explained to her that if she looked in thier fax, she would find a copy of a complaint I had completed and would be forwarding on line to the PA att'y general. I needed to be assured that a check would be forth coming in the next 5 days or I hit the send key. She could not assure me of such as thier A/P were very busy.
Send key depressed!!!!!

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 4/16/10 4:15pm
Msg #332025

Their nor thier. NREIS is old news. The recession has hit them as with all of us. Just keep working on them to pay you.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/16/10 8:41pm
Msg #332058

Re: NREIS - Ditto, Ilene. They're on it, turned around,

and waiting a bit is like having money in the bank, (AR in business-speak) - just don't spend it before you get it. Wink

Threatening and badmouthing a company who is struggling - but making it - to me, is counter-productive for all of us. We're coming out of a deep rescession, and to survive, we all have to hang in there, be supportive, and let our belts out just a little at a time, assuming we tightened it in the first place.

While I fully understand the slow-pay syndrome, this company has paid many of us as promised, and said that a missed payment would go out with the next batch. Incuring an extra expense to accomodate just one vendor could be very disrupting in a fragile but stable system, speaking as a business owner. Regarding the various pay schedules of companies, some have developed other streams of income, and it seems that those who do not rely solely on this one, don't have the same 'panic' about pay schedules and circumstances.

jmho

We can go along to get along, or not.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/16/10 11:59pm
Msg #332084

i disagree

lying and playing games with a signing agent who is struggling - but making it somehow - to me, is counter-productive for everyone

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/17/10 12:06am
Msg #332088

NREIS has never lied to, or played games with me. n/m

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/17/10 12:00am
Msg #332085

her loan funded - what happened to her fee that

was listed on the hud?????????

Reply by JanetK_CA on 4/17/10 1:37am
Msg #332096

I don't think NREIS lists notary fees on HUD...

It's just lumped into a total with Settlement charges, if memory serves.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/17/10 12:14pm
Msg #332155

it has to be included in the settlement charges, its there n/m

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/16/10 4:15pm
Msg #332026

how about sending it to you via paypal..her excuse is lame n/m

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 4/16/10 9:28pm
Msg #332069

Ready, Aim, Shoot YOURSELF in the foot.

It seems clear from posts here, that they have been making a good faith effort to get
current on their NSA invoices. Your non payment may well have been the result of an administrative oversite.
Most likely , the PA AG office wil be "all over" a complaint that a local company is
a few months late in paying an invoce of around $100, with no evidence of a fraudulent intent.. In a next 90 days or so, they may send a letter to NREIS, enclosing your compalint and asking the status. NREIS will , most likely, respond that the involce was paid in full about May 1 with check #xxxx. That will close out the matter so far as AG is concerned.
It will , very possibly also close out any chance you have of ever doing
work for the company again.
Have a nice weekend
GO BLACKHAWKS.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/16/10 11:57pm
Msg #332083

HUD sheet listed her fee & loan has funded, whats the delay?

I, too, realize that this has not been the greatest economy; especially for folks in our industry. However, the fees related to our services are clearly listed on the HUD and when the loan funds, everyone manages to get paid except us. As someone else pointed out on this board last month, we are not employees of the SS. Our invoices show up overdue or deliquent in accounts payable. When the loan she handled funded (and it did), she should have been paid immediately. And if the check was 'misplaced' or 'someone forgot to send it', then Company X should have FEDEX'ed it to her overnight.

I am tired of these SS/title companies finding any excuse not to pay their vendors - US! It is absolutely their responsibility to rectify this issue immediately. I would not continue to call. I would wait the 5 days and file suit. And as far as being removed from their database, good riddance! Who wants to deal with the headache??

We, as self-employed professionals, need to hold these SS accountable. The fact that Company X is running out of money is not her fault because her loan funded MONTHS AGO. It's almost seems like a pyramid scheme. They probably took her payment and paid another signing agent who was 180+ days out.

Reply by MT/IL on 4/17/10 12:02am
Msg #332086

Re: Ready, Aim, Shoot YOURSELF in the foot.

Got to love Bob...he tells it like he sees it. Smile I have never had a problem with NREIS. I have been doing work for them since 2003 and have always been paid. I understand your frustration that it was their over site and not yours and why should you have to wait, but give them some time. They have always given me continuous signings. Good luck to you.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/17/10 12:10am
Msg #332090

bob & susan, you two must be at the top of the pyramid

since you two are getting paid...but that still does not make it right...there is no excuse for not paying someone when the loan they handled has funded, NONE!

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/17/10 12:17am
Msg #332092

I'm listening to one of those sepia angels on my

shoulder:

Wait, and you get nicer things.

BossLady, in a perfect world, it's cash on the barrel-head. It's not a perfect world. NREIS is a survivor. Be thankful for good fortune, even if it's not instant.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/17/10 12:14am
Msg #332091

Exactamundo. They're still here, and an excellent

company.

Just like a SS strives to have the working capital to pay vendors, vendors need budgets to withstand protracted AR payments.

NREIS is an old and comfortable relationship with many here, who do not depend upon a single income stream, or have fluid capital to withstand hitches in the giddyup.

Go along to get along.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/17/10 12:28am
Msg #332093

no thank you - i like to get paid for my work

NREIS is probably earning interest on the fee that they collected on her behalf back in December! And, I don't think its fair for you to criticize people who do this full-time because I completely understand if folks are getting sick of dipping into their 'working capital' - which we all maintain.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 4/17/10 1:34am
Msg #332095

Re: no thank you - i like to get paid for my work

I think if they had the funds, they would be paying more past due invoices, not keeping the money to make interest on it. Just a guess. NREIS has a history of being a very reliable payer (even though they don't pay near what they used to). I think that it's unlikely they are among those who are slow or late payers just to try to cheat notaries, like some other companies we all can name. It seems apparent to many that they are doing the best they can to try to stay in business so they can pay what they owe their notaries and to keep their employees from the unemployment line. Doesn't mean we like it or that it's right, but I think Bob has a point.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/17/10 12:01pm
Msg #332149

again, what do we, as vendors, have to do with that

You are not an employee of NREIS. Have they laid off any workers? Did they send any emails about pay freezes? Since they are trying to 'pay more past due invoices' have they agreed to ship priority or overnight to 'thank' all the loyal signing agents who are hanging in there, trying to 'stay afloat'? Have they offered to add an additional $25 or something for the super late payments? The original poster indicated that several email and telephone inquiries were not even returned!

I guess the original poster is nowhere near the top of the pyramid.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/17/10 1:52am
Msg #332097

This is my only job, BossLady, and I've stayed afloat,

on a cash 'n carry basis for about 7 years now.

So please, if you don't want to work for them, don't. You'll get paid, in the next cycle. Betcha.

You're making some assumptions out of thin air, and they don't necessarily hold up, excuse the pun.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/17/10 11:44am
Msg #332147

You may be beholden to NREIS, but I'm not

The original poster has every right to be upset about an outstanding invoice from December (well after the loan funded). Additionally, I have no desire or interest in ever working for this company. The companies that I contract with meet my fee and pay me when the loan funds - so I too, have been able to 'stay afloat' as well for several years now.

If you call questioning payment for a loan that funded in December an 'assumption out of thin air' on my part, then that's your perogative.

Reply by Jeff on 4/17/10 11:01am
Msg #332134

I have never posted on this board, but have been an reader for about four years, I have been doing signings for NREIS for about the same time and have never had any problem with them. I hadn't heard from them in a while and then they called, after all that I had heard I almost didn't take the signing. But I also realized that they had been a good customer and had always paid. So I took the signing and had a check 19 days later. Maybe, thay have gotten behind on some of their account, but I for one will stick with a company that has always paid on time at least for me.
It is good to listen to others, but you still have to make up your own mind about how you will handle the situation and whether you want to do business with that company.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/17/10 12:02pm
Msg #332150

" but you still have to make up your own mind about how you will handle the situation and whether you want to do business with that company."

Amen!

And, don't be such a stranger JeffSmile

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/17/10 12:06pm
Msg #332151

jeff, that's the $64 million question

Why are they paying 19-day old invoices when they have 120-day old invoices still unpaid? And I made up my mind about this company a long time ago. That's my I love my business - I can be selectively Smile

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/17/10 12:21pm
Msg #332156

jeff, that's the $64 million question (re-post minus typos)

Why are they paying 19-day old invoices when they have 120-day old invoices still unpaid? And I made up my mind about this company a long time ago. That's why I love my business - I can be selective Smile

Reply by K Williams on 4/18/10 2:12am
Msg #332225

Base upon some of the comments from a couple of the Notaries I feel that they are employees of NREIS and were sent her to make the Notaries feel warm and fuzzy, The bottom line is that we do the work we need to get paid. We buy toner and paper and it is not cheap as well as gas for our cars.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/18/10 2:09pm
Msg #332249

exactly. on here trying to 'mitigate' 120-day old invoices n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.