Notary Rotary
Name Identity affidavit
Notary Discussion History

Name Identity affidavit
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by dk_reed07/IL on 4/21/10 12:43pm
Msg #332725

Name Identity affidavit

I had a closing with a Name/Identity affidavit for each borrower. But there were two lines to sign on each one. I had the borrower sign the document pertaining to them. But now the SS is telling me the spouse needs to sign their spouse's identity affidavit. Is this normal? I have never seen this before

Dee

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/21/10 12:44pm
Msg #332726

there should be a separate name affidavit for each borrower. i never heard of them signing each others! i'm with you.

Reply by Grammyzoom on 4/21/10 1:01pm
Msg #332730

The only time I have ever seen 2 signature spaces on this form is when one space states that this is their legal signature and the second space states that they are known by their name and variations of their name. I think the TC may be misinformed themselves about the second signature line. I have never seen one where the Spouse signs but that is not to say it doesn't exist.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 4/21/10 12:58pm
Msg #332728

No never as you said one for each one. These companies are getting nutsy.

Reply by MW/VA on 4/21/10 2:14pm
Msg #332740

That's about like saying because there are four signature lines on a DOT that they need to sign all four places. Yeeeesssh!

Reply by Cari on 4/21/10 4:08pm
Msg #332756

Huh? I think the SS got it wrong..should be two sep name

identity affs - one for each spouse.

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/21/10 4:22pm
Msg #332762

I have seen them where it appears someone is cutting corners by putting the information of two borrowers on the same Name Identity affidavit sheet. It also has places for two separate notarization (for each name).

Reply by lindetteh_PA on 4/21/10 10:18pm
Msg #332840

I'm a little confused are you referring to the Identity Aff. where the borrower has to fill in there full name ss and driver's license info. or is it the Name/Sig Aff.that some of the other posters seem to be describing? If it is the Idenity Affidavit unless both names were printed under the signature line on each sheet I would charge them to return. I had that document in my package tonight and both borrowers had their own and no where on the document was anyone elses name. Sounds like this may be a case of the lost documents or something...lol and the SS or TC is trying to get it fixed for free.

Reply by jnew on 4/22/10 9:09pm
Msg #332946

I would ask about the requirement and where it originated. I would also ask the signing service if it was an important enough requirement to warrant a written instruction instead of your having to rely on your own intuition. It is becoming obvious to me that a certain number of ss employees know very little about the closing process and the actual purpose of certain documents. .

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.