Notary Rotary
Nations Direct
Notary Discussion History

Nations Direct
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Jocelyn/NJ on 4/17/10 3:58pm
Msg #332186

Nations Direct

Great idea for all of you fed up with Nations Direct calling, low-balling their fees, telling you that they're going to look for someone less expensive or they have to get approval and call you back, repeat calls, fax backs, calls at closing table, etc.

Okay - so they call you with a $40 fee for 125 pages, 25 miles away. You tell them either one of the following: 1) you have to get approval for their fee and you'll call them back, or 2) you accept it, but tell them if you get a better offer for the same time slot, you're going with the better offer. Either one of these will work and we've tried them, just to get a chuckle back and believe it or not, they still call!!!! Amazing . . . .

So out of having nothing to do last night and having them call 3 times during the week for a local closing, we got them to commit to $90 for a pack where borrower had docs already. We get to their driveway and call ND like they request and the girl tells us to call when we get inside. "I don't think so" is my response and she says "well I can't mark you in-process", my response, "not my problem". Complete the closing for lovely people in 20 minutes. It is now 24 hours later - all faxed - whole thing just put into my fax machine and I walk away. Still waiting for "approval" - could've went out today. Well, we're going on vaca tomorrow (Sunday). Doubt they'll call and pack will be sitting on my kitchen table as I don't have approval. Their rules, not mine! I feel sorry for the borrowers as this is not their fault. Hope you all enjoy this story and do not take closings from Nations Direct.

Reply by trnsa_IL on 4/17/10 4:04pm
Msg #332190

<<"Well, we're going on vaca tomorrow (Sunday). Doubt they'll call and pack will be sitting on my kitchen table as I don't have approval. Their rules, not mine! I feel sorry for the borrowers as this is not their fault.">>

I certainly hope you intend to drop that package before you leave for vacation! Anything less is irresponsible and childish!

IMHO

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/17/10 4:10pm
Msg #332191

My answer to them is always No - as many other people here do, and that's based only on what I learned here - I've never accepted because I won't be treated like a puppet.

I agree with Tonya - you can't just leave that package on your table and jeopardize the borrowers' loan. Since you have the docs it's up to you to see that they get dropped. And if you don't it's not just the borrowers who will be hurt here - Hope you have really good liability insurance cuz if that was my loan on your table I'd sue you for all your worth.

Why did you take the job if you knew you had time constraints and were going away? Why not just tell them you can't wait for approval and if they required that, and refused to waive it under the circumstances, then they'd need to find someone else.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/17/10 4:10pm
Msg #332192

Woops...your = you're...<<slap me silly>> n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/17/10 4:45pm
Msg #332195

I'm not going to beat up on Jocelyn for taking a job on a Friday before leaving on a Sunday for vacation.

I like their way of answering the $40 offers, kind of. Of course, I have a keen sense of humor and the ridiculous.

You can sue Jocelyn, but if she couldn't drop the package before the all clear whistle, then there are deeper pockets who would not give the signal to drop the package.

====
I feel ya, Jocelyn, for your frustrations with ND, but drop that package and do yourself a favor by not doing any more for them.

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/17/10 5:14pm
Msg #332201

If you listen to their request, the question they need will be answered automatically.

I have a signing X Y Z for $50.00 dollars......Answer NO!

Reply by Jocelyn/NJ on 4/17/10 4:49pm
Msg #332199

Yes, yes, I will drop pack - I'm not totally crazy and I really couldn't do that in good conscious. I'm just so annoyed at them for their non-responsiveness as far as getting the pack out. I could've dropped at UPS store today and title would have back on Monday; now they can't get back until Tuesday as I have no choice but to put in a box. Thanks for responses. Felt good to get it off my chest . . .

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.