Notary Rotary
Negative LO
Notary Discussion History

Negative LO
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Ali/IL on 4/3/10 1:41pm
Msg #330215

Negative LO

There is a loan officer that attends the signings that I do for him.I liked him a lot he would request me.
But, lately I have not been too happy with him attending his closings. He is very negative. Very unhappy with the way things are these days and he brings this to the closing table.
He is always telling us how rates are going up. The new restrictions and criteria that he has to follow.
He keeps making small talk while I am trying to have borrowers sign. And, trying to sell them more loans.
Now he is really angry at the title company that I close for since they have raised their fees. He doesn't want to use them anymore and lets me know every time now.
I now come home thinking oh no rates going up should I worry about my job?
I really like him but, what can I do besides just ignore his ramblings?

Happy Easter to all of you.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 4/3/10 1:48pm
Msg #330217

Rates ARE starting to creep up due to the governments new policies. However, that will not stop people from buying homes. I think that more people are going to go back to buying adjustables again. I have seen quite a few in the last few months.
We LO's are in a tight spot right now. Here in AZ we are spending about $1200 to get licensed. Other states are less expensive.
My feeling is that if he can't stand the heat, he should get out of the kitchen!

Reply by Ali/IL on 4/3/10 2:19pm
Msg #330220

It is like real estate sales. I sometimes think about getting back into it but, then think of all the start up costs that are involved these days.

I like him and he is good at what he does. But, he really needs to work on his attitude. I wonder if I could just pull him aside one of these days and let him know.

I pray it works out well for him.

Reply by Jack/AL on 4/3/10 3:47pm
Msg #330224

Yep..... pull him aside and address your concerns. After all, he wants the borrowers to go away happy, and he has done his job to help them get the loan and be happy, so they should be. They don't need negative input from him at that point.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 4/3/10 4:16pm
Msg #330228

I agree with Jack

Also when you talk to him you might want to mention that

<"And, trying to sell them more loans.">

Sounds to me like his desperation is showing. He hasn't even officially closed the current loan. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I am sure he does not realize how unprofessional this is and also, IMO could make the current clients begin to question his business practices. It could possibly give them the impression that he is not interested in them and their financial situation, just selling loans.

I'll bet that if you asked him how his referral business has been since he started bringing all the negativity to the closing table you will find that it is down. Hopefully, he will understand and you both will get more business out of it. Worth a shot. Smile

Reply by jba/fl on 4/3/10 4:40pm
Msg #330231

Re: I agree with Jack and Shoshana

Perhaps he needs to back up from the trees so he can see the forest. A mini vacation to another vantage point could be a perfect clearing for him.

My ex, who was in sales, would have to back up from time to time and reevaluate due to slumps from time to time. One time, it dawned on him that he had slipped the word "hopefully" into his speil; hopefully it will work this way, hopefully this will happen. Once he took the offending word out, the balance returned (in his favor).

I also think you should grab a cup of coffee or a sandwich together, recall some good times and comment on the perceptions of today. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, and this is for your as well.

Reply by jba/fl on 4/3/10 4:45pm
Msg #330233

Re: I agree with Jack and Shoshana

Correction to final line: "for you(r good) as well."

Reply by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 4/3/10 6:49pm
Msg #330253

When you present the problem as YOUR perception, you then have involved yourself as his judge. Many people, perhaps even most, would not take kindly to that. Try telling him that one of the previously borrowers had commented on his behavior and his negativity (you naturally don't feel comfortable revealing names). You thus become just a conduit for someone else's impressions, and he not only should not look upon you so harshly, he might even take the information more to heart.

Of course, some people are prone to shoot the messager as well as the originator of the message, so be prepared to perform some personal triage.

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/3/10 4:46pm
Msg #330234

Re: Negative LO - I think you've done all you can

Venting here. That's about all you can do in addition to ignoring him.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.