Notary Rotary
No number for borrower
Notary Discussion History

No number for borrower
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Ali/IL on 4/16/10 9:54pm
Msg #332071

No number for borrower

I was called to do a signing. Meet the borrower at a real estate office. The confirmation has no contact number. The borrowers first name is the same as the last name.
I emailed back that I wanted the number before I printed so that I could confirm with borrower or real estate agent at the real estate office. I got an email that said that I would get a printing fee and that they had confirmed .
I always confirm with the borrower. I would hate to drive there and have to wait .

Reply by Ali/IL on 4/16/10 10:13pm
Msg #332076

Well, I checked on the signing service since it is the first time I have heard of them. They have good reviews here so I will go and trust that borrowers will be there.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 4/16/10 10:14pm
Msg #332077

This happened to me a couple of days ago. I called the RE office and let them know I was coming to meet so & so..Ok they said..When I showed up the only other person there was the BO and no one at the office..the place was closed. Bo called his agent who seemed surpised, I suggested we go to the local restaurant bo had a copy of his ID all went well.

Reply by Ali/IL on 4/16/10 10:40pm
Msg #332079

They won't even give me the name of the real estate agent. So who am I going to ask for when I get there. I am going to still keep trying.

Reply by jba/fl on 4/17/10 7:25am
Msg #332104

RE offices are generally not like TC's and usually only have a few employess (by comparison). In my experiences in RE offices the receptionist has the answers.

In this day and age of technological advances, if one wants a number badly enough, one can find it. Many a time I have had a phone number before TC or SS can find it for me. I know this may sound trite, but Google IS your friend.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 4/16/10 11:39pm
Msg #332081

I know you probably have already looked, if so, forgive me for asking, but is there no phone number anywhere on the docs? I assume since you mentioned print fee you have access to the docs. I have never had a set of docs that didn't have a BO phone number on them... Perhaps I am lucky and should go out and buy a lotto ticket.

Reply by MT/IL on 4/16/10 11:51pm
Msg #332082

Did you look on the loan application?

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/17/10 12:04am
Msg #332087

Or the phone book? n/m

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 4/17/10 6:48am
Msg #332101

Glen your right there should be a phone number on the 1003 for the borrower and the loan officer

Reply by Julie/MI on 4/17/10 7:26am
Msg #332105

Sounds like a cash deal therefore no 1003!

Cash deals don't have a lot of documentation, but even though there are not a lot of docs in a cash purchase, there ARE a lot of headaches, such as no telephone numbers, etc.

Real estate offices go by address of the property too. If you want into a C/21 and say the purchasers' names, they receptionist will look at you like your are from Mars.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 4/18/10 5:57am
Msg #332229

This reinforces the discussion on the board from last week

about how easy Cash Purchases were and why they should take (As I remember) about a $50 fee. This is just an example of some of the problems you can run into.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 4/17/10 6:24am
Msg #332100

A print fee doesn't cut it once you leave your home or office and travel to the signing location - you need a print and travel fee at the minimum. It's odd that they wouldn't give you the name of the agent.

Reply by MonicaFL on 4/17/10 7:17am
Msg #332103

If you have the documents, look on the 1003 - there usually is a phone number there for the borrower. Just a suggestion.

Reply by BEEJ on 4/17/10 9:24am
Msg #332110

Re: No number for borrower. Try 411.com reverse address ...

411.com or anywho.com is my friend to verify info

Reply by Ali/IL on 4/17/10 3:33pm
Msg #332183

I have not received the docs yet. I was just now given the real estate agents name and number. The seller doesn't want the borrowers contact info given out. And,I can't look up the number by the borrowers name because the confirmation has the borrower with first and last name the same.
I will go anyway.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/17/10 4:48pm
Msg #332198

"The seller doesn't want the borrowers contact info given out"

That's not the Seller's business - if the Seller wants the deal done (s)he'll hush and let everyone do their job...

This is a strange thing you've got for yourself here..good luck!!

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 4/18/10 6:00am
Msg #332230

If this is a purchase

the borrowers current address would not be on the confirmation. If an address is given it is for the property to be purchased so how then do you use 411.com?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.