Notary Rotary
Notarization opportunity
Notary Discussion History

Notarization opportunity
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 4/13/10 1:58pm
Msg #331508

Notarization opportunity

Histoically, when I have been called about a general notarization, I have referred the caller to either a UPS store or a FedEx-Kinkos, now FedEx Office, because they will do it for the statutory fee, which is far cheaper than what I charge. As of this month, FedEx tells me the Office stores will no longer do notarizations.

This is an opportunity to leave your card at those locations and offer special rates, at least for a period, to anyone referred to you through FedEx.

UPS, I am told, still offers the service.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/13/10 1:59pm
Msg #331510

thanks for the info n/m

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 4/13/10 2:44pm
Msg #331519

Also any place that does passports will have a notary and usually pharmacist at the grocery stores.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 4/13/10 4:29pm
Msg #331536

Don't think so

I've thought of doing this since FE has stopped with the notary service here, too, since they lost their patooties in that big lawsuit against one of their bonehead notaries, but I cannot imagine that they would "refer" me to anybody, given liability issues. I, too, always referred callers to FE but I just can't see a big corporation like that handing out my business cards - (even though I got them printed there.) Actually, I was just at FedEx and some little old, old man came in and I overheard the FE guy tell him to go somewhere else. I felt bad for him so I followed him out and offered my services. He had some docs for his church ... so I gave him a deal: $0. Actually, I should just stand there and corral people looking for a notary! Like notaries used to do at the airport when those consent forms first came out. Or park my car with the PAW magnet sign by the FE front door....

Reply by Roger_OH on 4/13/10 5:09pm
Msg #331559

No problem here, GoldGirl...

When FedEx got out of the notary business last summer, I dropped my cards at every store in town. They are more than happy to refer their notary requests to me, and their customers are happy that they have a notary (especially a mobile one) to be referred to, so it's a harmonious relationship.

I get a TON of referrals from them, because their website still shows notary services being offered, and they don't want to upset the people that have made a trip there for nothing. The UPS stores in my area are about the same - they don't want the liability (and often lack the knowledge), so they're happy to send people my way.

You just have to introduce yourself to the manager at each store, and establish a relationship. Like I said, they all have a stack of my cards and are happy to refer walk-ins and callers to me.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/13/10 5:31pm
Msg #331561

Re: No problem here, GoldGirl...

For the last 10 years the local Pack N Ship place has been sending customers to me. They get several a day and they don't have a notary.

Reply by LKT/CA on 4/13/10 6:11pm
Msg #331579

Re: Don't think so

<<<<.......some little old, old man......>>>>

They are the cutest !!!!

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 4/13/10 4:30pm
Msg #331537

Thanks for the info. n/m

Reply by Cari on 4/13/10 6:28pm
Msg #331582

this is old news for me...they stopped doing gen not in my

area for about 4 months now - Fedex that is...I compete with some currency exchanges and a local UPS store....

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 4/13/10 9:55pm
Msg #331610

Re: this is old news for me...they stopped doing gen not in my

I do not have a UPS store or Fed ex store near where I am at..this wouldnt work..but the local banks refer a ton of people to me!! Time to deliver them some goodies!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.