Prism Title
Notary Discussion History

Prism Title
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Kenneth A Edelstein on 4/23/10 6:12pm
Msg #333135

Prism Title

Posted - 04/23/2010 : 2:04:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Docs will come tonight for tomorrow 10AM signing" is the start of the story. Nothing for hours, call at 8PM, nobody knows a thing, all are "off duty" or left. Next day, nothing comes by 9AM. Borrower was definitive that 11:30 is last possible minute he was willing to be "at the table", and would leave at 11:31 - no matter what. Docs arrive at 10:01AM with new scheduled time of 10:30, and insist the usual 2 sets be printed. It generally takes me an hour to print 2 sets and review the various instruction sheets. Prism is well aware that I have about an hour travel from upper Manhattan to "Ground Zero" area - with the slowest possible traffic. Typically, I must allocate (expecially for a 135 page package) an hour for the borrower to sign. SO:
Print from 10:01 to 11:01
Drive from 11:01 to 12:01 (oops borrower left half hour ago)
Do signing from 12:01 to 1:01
Prism Title at 10:15 insists that I do signing despite the totally impossible timeframe. I remind them that the borrower will leave PROMPTLY at 11:31. They say "You are under contract, we will see to it that you lose your notary license for breach of contract". I get a call from the Lending Institution, who very reasonably agrees with me that, considering the borrowers timeframe, the job is impossible. However, Prism Title calls me 3 more times (now after 11AM) to insist that I be there and complete the job. Well, I really don't expect to lose my notary commission because I could not do the impossible!

Reply by Yoli/CA on 4/23/10 6:52pm
Msg #333139

If lender is in agreement with you (and borrower), sounds more like Prism will be losing their client.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/23/10 9:28pm
Msg #333165

Truly. Happy outcome for me tonight, everyone

stayed connected for a 3:00 that didn't come together until 7:00. So, tomorrow it is, docs will be good tomorrow except for the RTC.

Ya just can't beat good communications.

Reply by jba/fl on 4/23/10 6:54pm
Msg #333140

What a crock of.....garbage!

"They say "You are under contract, we will see to it that you lose your notary license for breach of contract". "

Do you even have a notary license to lose? ROFL! Breach of Contract? Are they insane?

What lows are they thinking to transcend anyway? I am really ROFLMAO now, and I really, really Kenneth, think you should join me!

Reply by Doris_CO on 4/23/10 11:08pm
Msg #333187

Re: Printing docs

Kenneth, the one thing that jumped out at me when reading your post is the length of time it takes to print the loan package. Unless the loan docs have been sent in multiple attachments, which takes longer to download and then print, I can generally print two sets of docs in about 20 minutes. You might check out the memory in your printer and maybe by increasing the memory you'll be able to print your docs faster. And, yes, the title company was being unreasonable.

Reply by cadmonkey/CA on 4/23/10 11:19pm
Msg #333188

Invest in the best equipment you can afford....

I'm all about efficiency and volume in this business, so I upgraded to two 35ppm dual tray HP printers and never looked back. I can print (2) 150 page sets in about 5 minutes and take another 10-15 minutes to QC the docs and fill out my NZ's or loose certs. It's the only way to get 75-100 signings cranked out in a month!

Reply by Philip Johnson on 4/24/10 12:15am
Msg #333195

If you're doing 75-100 a month you need to upate

your listing and perhaps hire a helper.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/24/10 9:30am
Msg #333231

75-100 signings/month

has to be the highest volume on this forum right now in this economy....that's 3/day 7 days/week plus a seven extra in there somewhere...

Reply by cadmonkey/CA on 4/24/10 9:52am
Msg #333236

Re: 75-100 signings/month

lol, that's probably why I don't post that much in this forum, barely have time to do anything else!

Reply by MistarellaFL on 4/24/10 10:04am
Msg #333238

The math just doesn't add up for me

This profile was last updated on 4/24/2010.
According to his profile:

<<<and have successfully closed over 350 signings since June 2009.>>>

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/24/10 10:14am
Msg #333241

Re: The math just doesn't add up for me

Misty
Depends on when he put that in his profile.
Every time you log in now, your profile shows updated as the date you last logged in.
Mine will show it was updated today, even though I have not "updated" it - so will yours.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 4/24/10 10:48am
Msg #333255

If it were me, and the 75-100 p/m figures were correct, I'd surely want to update my profile by including the correct number of signings.
That experience would about double his # of signings.
Something to think about!

Reply by cadmonkey/CA on 4/24/10 3:33pm
Msg #333308

Misty, I haven't updated my profile since last year, and I thought nobody looked at it since I hardly get business through NR. Thanks for the tip though, I will do a quick refresh....and yes, my numbers are real Wink although in the end, numbers don't mean anything unless there's quality and accuracy behind them!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.