Notary Rotary
RTC
Notary Discussion History

RTC
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by No/ta/ry/2u on 4/14/10 9:25pm
Msg #331788

RTC

Is there anywhere it states that the 3 day right to cancel can be waived. Such as emergencies etc.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/14/10 9:35pm
Msg #331789

Has to be a real financial emergency:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt037.shtm

Reply by Pat/IL on 4/14/10 9:36pm
Msg #331791

Yes there is. Apply your Google skills with the key words 'TILA Regulation Z' and I think you'll find it pretty quickly.

Reply by No/ta/ry/2u on 4/14/10 9:47pm
Msg #331795

Thanks guys, I have one for tomorrow and it was throwing me off there. Thanks for all the links and I will read up on them.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 4/14/10 9:37pm
Msg #331792

Yes

http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/laws/rules/6500-2380.html

23(e) Consumer's waiver of right to rescind.

1. Need for waiver. To waive the right to rescind, the consumer must have a bona fide personal financial emergency that must be met before the end of the rescission period. The existence of the consumer's waiver will not, of itself, automatically insulate the creditor from liability for failing to provide the right of rescission.

2. Procedure. To waive or modify the right to rescind, the consumer must give a written statement that specifically waives or modifies the right, and also includes a brief description of the emergency. Each consumer entitled to rescind must sign the waiver statement. In a transaction involving multiple consumers, such as a husband and wife using their home as collateral, the waiver must bear the signatures of both spouses.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/14/10 9:48pm
Msg #331796

Rockin'n it, Notary Rotary. Information Station...

Thinking about our marketing and accessability decline on Google, etc. -

These four responses to a good question is our point, no?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.