Notary Rotary
Remember the H1N1 signing?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by LatteLady/NV on 4/6/10 6:47pm
Msg #330544

Remember me posting about a guy that had the H1N1 virus and wanted me to notarize a loan for him 3 weeks ago? Just found out he died. I was correct in saying he was too sick to sign.

Reply by SReis on 4/6/10 7:12pm
Msg #330546

That is awful!!!

I once had a signing where after we were complete the lady told me she was on the way to the hospital to find out if she had bacterial meninigitis. I was furious that she hadn't told me how sick she was BEFORE we signed but had waited until after. She had refused to shake my hand when we 1st met stating she hadn't been feeling well lately, but I assumed it was a cold or something minor. I was freaking out & stopped & grabbed a bunch of antibacterial stuff, etc. I was more concerned as to what I could possibily be bringing home to my kids. Luckily everything worked out ok but I still couldn't believe the audacity!!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/6/10 7:12pm
Msg #330547

Re: Remember the H1N1 signing?....oh wow.... n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 4/6/10 8:09pm
Msg #330563

How sad. I am aware that when I do POA signings for the elderly or sick, that their time may be short. The risk of H1N1 is different, and I'm sure you're glad you didn't risk your life.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 4/6/10 10:07pm
Msg #330571

Memories of Michael Jackson ....

Just the other day, a borrower (a nurse) greeted me at the door with an official, hospital-issued face mask. She said she might "have something." I conducted the whole signing behind this mask. Every few minutes, she sprayed hand sanitizer on everything ....

Reply by JanetK_CA on 4/6/10 11:24pm
Msg #330576

Re: Memories of Michael Jackson ....

We never know what is going on in other people's lives. She might work in a situation where she deals with people with compromised immune systems, like cancer patients or organ transplant patients. (Or she could be one herself.) When a person's white cell count drops very low (a common side effect with many chemotherapy drugs) or they're taking anti-rejection drugs, a minor bug that most of us would have no problem dealing with could be life threatening to them.

Reply by Laura_V on 4/7/10 11:23am
Msg #330653

VERY true, Janet. Thx for reminder. n/m

Reply by Laura_V on 4/7/10 11:21am
Msg #330652

Wow! I almost died of H1N1 and he wanted you to....

pass papers back and forth with him? Crikey! I flippin stayed home with no computer forever before leaving my home and yard.

Borrowers, TCs, LOs, and RAs now want us to put our life on the line for them?

Well, where is our "free to use while in service" gun and lifetime pension after service (appt) is complete?

Sheeesh!

And thank heavens you stood your ground, LL. Super good on you!

Reply by Cari on 4/7/10 1:23pm
Msg #330676

OMG! Girl you saved yourself! OMG! n/m

Reply by Ali/IL on 4/7/10 2:42pm
Msg #330684

Re: OMG! Girl you saved yourself! OMG!

So sorry that person died.

We must apart from our normal equipment carry supplies to sanitize ourselves.

I caught something like I had never had before not too long ago. We must be careful.

Take care all

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.