Notary Rotary
SPEEDY CLOSING NOT PAYING
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by TERRY BOXER REAL ESTATE BROKER on 4/6/10 9:20pm
Msg #330568

ANYONE HAVING CURRENT TROUBLE HAVING SPEEDY CLOSING IN N. J NOT PAYING THRE BILLS.
WOULD APPRECIATE INPUT.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 4/6/10 9:36pm
Msg #330569

Had you done a search first or looked in Signing Central, you would have read the exact same comments you just made . Most of us have very little sympathy because the info is there if you would just look it up and read it.

And, please do not yell at us by typing in all caps. Its hard to read also.

Reply by William Robbins on 4/6/10 10:25pm
Msg #330572

I close a few with Speedy. They normally pay in about 45 days. I have always gotten paid.

Reply by LKT/CA on 4/6/10 10:59pm
Msg #330574

I suppose some SAs receive payment because they are rural and the only Notary serving the rural territory so the SS knows better than to stiff them - they may need them again. Others, like me live in the city, where there's a bigger pool of SAs to choose from and easily stiff.

I do agree with Linda J.'s post. Speedy has a poor payment track record in SC for all to review before accepting signings from them. Heed the comments or you'll end up working for free.

Reply by JulieD/KS on 4/6/10 11:17pm
Msg #330575

I accepted a Speedy job back in December but immediately came to NotRot, read all the bad comments about them...and immediately turned the job back and told him not to call again.
Thanks NotRot!

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 4/6/10 11:40pm
Msg #330578

They pay eventually

Not worth my time or effort to chase after them.

Reply by Yowheelz on 4/7/10 8:21am
Msg #330594

just got 2 checks, 1 from Dec, 1 from Jan.

Keep calling Frank and complaining. They do pay eventually but it's a pain. I've written a bunch of companies off my list this year for slow payment and they just went on the list of no-no's. The older I get the less tollerant I get.

Reply by KLBMLC - Jim Brown on 4/7/10 8:53am
Msg #330597

Yes - They owe me from a job I did in December. If "Frank" & "Ron" put as much effort into growing and managing their business properly as they do into B.S. stories to me as to why I haven't been paid then they would likely be a Fortune 500 Company in no time !!!

Reply by lmb/CA on 4/7/10 10:57am
Msg #330640

Yes, they owe me for a closing in late Jan. I did read the comments in SC, so went into it with my eyes open. I actually have it on my to do list to call them today to follow up.

Reply by Cathy/CA on 4/14/10 11:56am
Msg #331681

Thank you everyone for taking time to post in Signing Central. I just received a call from Matt at Speedy Closing for a loan signing today. I informed him, "I decline the signing based on negative postings on notary boards." Maybe they will shape up and start paying sooner if they hear this message more often?

Reply by NJDiva on 6/2/10 5:11pm
Msg #339480

I've been trying to collect on a December closing for months now. I figured if I was nice, and appealed to his compassionate side, it would help. Hmph, this is NJ, you can't be nice to these types of NJ'ites!!! Why do you think we have such a bad rep? People like these jerky's.

Anyway, I just left a not so nice message. I say all of us having a hard time getting paid should be filing complaints with the BBB. There are only 3 (of course they've all been resolved.) That can't be right. These guys have been pulling this crap for a long time. If I don't hear back or receive payment in a timely manner, I'm going to file a complaint with the BBB, State Attny General, NJ Notary Association, AND contact an atty and file in small claims court. Additionally, I'll contact every NJ NSA I can locate and warn them about this guy.

Since Feb, I have had at least 8 emails back and forth with promise of payment. The last one was May 19. Promise, promise, promise. Nothing, Nothing, Nothing...YET...I'll give the benefit of a doubt.

I'll keep everyone informed...

Reply by jba/fl on 6/2/10 5:54pm
Msg #339485

"If I don't hear back or receive payment in a timely manner, I'm going to file a complaint with the BBB, State Attny General, NJ Notary Association, AND contact an atty and file in small claims court. "

You haven't heard in a timely fashion and you are in the same state. Why haven't you acted yet? How much longer are you going to give them?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.