Notary Rotary
ServiceLink requiring updated background check
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Maggie Ostergard on 4/1/10 8:40am
Msg #329916

Has anyone else done a updated background check for ServiceLink?
I did mine again through ussearch.com they forwarded to me within 1 hours and I faxed to S/L
not they are stating they didn't see a completion date, so I forwarded the email from background company. First they couldn't open, then they couldnt see date received now they are asking for certificate? Most background companies do not provide a "certificate" because what does it mean in the first place. They are pushing NNA which i do not want to use at all, this is a private business just like the other background search companies and their "certificate" does not set them apart from anyone else, this is crap-

NNA and the companies being referred to us are twice as high as other companies and I am receiving half of what I normally get paid for services that still pay them full price.

Please let me know what you are finding as there are no other comanies at this point asking for addition background information.

Reply by A S Johnson on 4/1/10 9:49am
Msg #329926

I know I am going to be "flames" for this, Ok! so be it.
A company (signing service, title/escrow) you want to work for can ask of you anything they want. You can do what they want or you can not, that company use you or not.

Personally I will not sign an independent contractor contract as it is one sided in favor of the company. I think some of the items in it violate my state rules/laws, i.e. "must not work for people they work for". In TEXAS I am required to do notary service when asked.
I have been sued under a "non-complete clause" in a distant state. I lost because I did not appear or have an att'y rep me so it was a judgement by default. The judgement $50,000 plus cost) could not be enforced in my then home state, but runied my credit for 10 yrs.
An aside about contracts, to be fair, then a clused should be included that has their payment policy with the time frame you will be paid and a bond where I can file to collect if I am not paid as stated.

I have found enough companies that will use me. I had 24 signing in March, all at my fee, NOT low balled (most recently turn down a low ball offer, BOA (100 pgs?) e-docs, travel, 30 miles, for $85, my total fee $125, extra fee for more than 110pgs-BOA Countrywide can be 185 pgs in Tx- more than10 pgs of fax backs-can require the entire package to be faxed back).

Now< if anyone feels I need to be chastised, PLEASE do.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 4/1/10 12:00pm
Msg #329950

they dont pay a living wage in maryland Frown

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.