Notary Rotary
Silk Abstrack
Notary Discussion History

Silk Abstrack
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Joanne_NY on 4/23/10 1:45pm
Msg #333050

Silk Abstrack

Did anyone else receive the letter from Silk stating that effective May 1, 2010, you will be required to carry $100K in E&O coverage, if you don't have it, they will help you (me) obtain the insurance through their agency, Silk Insurance Services. Great way to drum up business, but honestly, I was a bit offended. I live in a very rural area, I am going to ignore the letter, we'll see what happens after May 1.

Reply by mwm143 on 4/23/10 1:53pm
Msg #333052

Abstract...not Abstrack

Here's a good example of why some should conceal their identity. First, what does where you live have to do with E&O insurance? You can get an annual policy for under $100.00 (which is less than $2.00 per week). Silk Abstract should be the offended party when this is read and take you right off their list, which will now be easy since your profile is linked.

JMHO

Reply by MW/VA on 4/23/10 2:10pm
Msg #333059

I also don't think it was a good idea to post this.

They are a great company. Where's the offense? They offered it, didn't say they required you purchase it from them. For some time now, the $100K seems to be the industry standard.
You can probably thank the NNA for that. I carry that plus $500 Business Liability Insurance.
I'm insuring my business, after all.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/23/10 2:12pm
Msg #333060

Re: I also don't think it was a good idea to post this.

There IS no industry standard for E&O - it may be the common amount required by many companies but there's no "standard" at all - E&O is not required to be a notary.

Also..."$500 Business Liability Insurance"...???...sure you mean $500K?

Reply by MW/VA on 4/23/10 9:06pm
Msg #333158

Yes, I meant $500K. Thanks, Linda. n/m

Reply by Cari on 4/23/10 3:58pm
Msg #333107

they are an attorney owned title company...I used to close

for them a few years back - but I haven't received that letter....hmmm

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/23/10 5:53pm
Msg #333132

I haven't received it either....but I sure do love it

when I see their name on my caller ID - this is an absolutely fabulous company to work for.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.