Notary Rotary
Some of this, some of that
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Blueink_TN on 4/22/10 7:58pm
Msg #332937

Well I'm finally ready to take the plunge and give up the full time 9 to 5.... I have been turning down too many signings due to unavailability and also have begun doing inspections. I know many of you have other forms of income to supplement your notary business and I'm wondering if anyone has tried credit card processing sales. I have an opportunity to work as an independent contractor with such a company but I think it may be too competitive to even bother. Anyone familiar with this? Thank's in advance for your comments/advice ;-)

Reply by MW/VA on 4/22/10 8:17pm
Msg #332938

You are really brave. I would think this would be the very time NOT to give up your day job.
My business so far this year is down over 40%.

Reply by Jim/AL on 4/22/10 9:29pm
Msg #332950

I am with Marilyn, down at least 20%.

Reply by Ernest__CT on 4/22/10 9:45pm
Msg #332955

I'm with MW/VA. Times is tough. n/m

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/22/10 9:42pm
Msg #332953

Congrats Blueink. You've earned your wings, and will

do just fine, no doubt.

On the CC processings sales thing? Go with your gut. Mine says, meh!

You've been gone so long, so nice to see you back. <Big smile, and waving "Hi">

Reply by Blueink_TN on 4/23/10 9:02am
Msg #332985

Re: Congrats Blueink. You've earned your wings, and will

Thank's for the encouragement Susan! I've been wanting to go IC for awhile now but was waiting for the economy to get better - but that doesn't seem anytime soon. It seems the worse the economy, the more employers take advantage of you - I have a real hard time working for rude & unappreciative people. Maybe the years that I was a full time signing agent spoiled me but I'm ready to take that chance again ;-) Will keep you posted!

Reply by ikando on 4/23/10 3:29pm
Msg #333092

Speaking as a business owner who is routinely contacted by credit card processing company sales people, I usually hang up on their telephone calls. If you are simply going to meet once an appointment is set, that may be different. But sales is sales...

Good luck on whatever endeavor you choose to follow.

Reply by Blueink_TN on 4/23/10 4:10pm
Msg #333113

Thank's for the warning - I'll be sure to pass by YOUR door! LOL Actually, the company I'll be working with has a telemarketing dept and the appts are preset. I've worked outside sales before and did very well financially, but that was years ago when I still had some good looks and lots of energy...So we'll see ;=)

Reply by JulieD/KS on 4/23/10 10:57pm
Msg #333186

If you are thinking of working with a credit card company called Crescent Processing, please google it first. I was hit up by them and their salesguy came to my office. I then did some research and found out they are as unfair to their contractors as they are to their customers. Beware.

Reply by Blueink_TN on 4/23/10 11:24pm
Msg #333190

Thanks Julie, but it's a different company.. I just quit a 9-5 job with an owner that had no character - Now just trying to make an honest buck in an economy that is desperate.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.