Notary Rotary
Stingy SS
Notary Discussion History

Stingy SS
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by RJE/MI on 4/2/10 8:50pm
Msg #330162

Stingy SS

I have been doing business with this SS for quite a while. REO Foreclosures from 1 particular TC are all I get from them. During my business relationship I have saved more than 1 signing from buyers walking out due to unexpected charges from TC and other things that pop up that only an experienced NSA would know how to deal with so the signing does not blow up.

Example of one would be Rush closing fee (not exact words) which what I learned from the TC was an additional closing fee because they only had 24 hours to put the closing package together.

I started getting a lot of emails from the owner of this SS to let me know of all the things he expected from NSAs that do business with him. I started wondering what was up with this guy. It seemed like every time a thought came across his mind he quick wanted to share it with us and tell us we had to comply.

I don't think I got as many emails from my friends and family as I was getting from him for a while. lol

I finally got an email explaining that is client was reducing the fee they pay him by $10. But he was going to be fair about and share the loss with the NSAs by reducing our fees by $5.00.

I then got another email from his stating that he bought this wonderful $1,000,000.00 E&O policy that would only benefit the NSAs and was requiring that we take additional deduction of $1.00 on top of the previously stated $5.00.

At that point I had enough. I took the time to write a very professional but straight forward email letting him know that I could no longer do signings for him with this new imposed reduction in fees. I let him know that I understood what he needed to do to run his business and hoped he would give me that same respect.

He replied by thanking me and letting me know if he needed someone in a pinch that he would take me up on my offer to help him out at our agreed upon fee before his new reductions.

I also cc'd the scheduler so she would know not to call unless she could not find anyone else and was willing to pay my fee.

Since that time I have received several calls from her offering the fee with the $6 reduction. I have turned her down every time explaining again what I agreed to when the owner sent out his emails.

Well yesterday she called again and offered another signing job at the reduced rate and I told her no. I've already told you and the owner over and over I would not sign for you at that fee. She relented and agreed to my fee.

So she calls me again today with another signing and I accept believing that we finally understood each other only to find the confirmation in my email with the $6.00 reduction in my fee!!!!!

WTH, obviously they are having a hard time finding NSAs to work for that price or the ones that are accepting are messing up bad or she would not keep calling me.

Obviously I turned it back to them and haven't heard anything but what frustrates me the most is their sneaky little manipulating games.

I have been nothing but professional and pleasant and upfront with them with every communication and they still keep trying to slide that ridiculous $6.00 reduction on me.

I would love to say to them, "You know I have been doing signings for this same TC lately through another SS." Which is true. Just so that maybe they might understand that this TC is not happy with the NSAs they have been sending out and are putting feelers for someone else to handle their REO Foreclosures. But I certainly don't want to cause trouble for the SS that have picked up this TC as a new client. Which btw pays my fee.

Whew I feel so much better getting this out. Thanks for letting me vent!

Reply by Calnotary on 4/2/10 9:01pm
Msg #330163

All depends; If the total notary for you is like 110.00 or 125.00 dollars per signing. I will keep doing them with the new reduction. But if the fee they offering you is only 65.00; Well that's already a low ball fee and then they try to reduce it even more? What's the total fee he is offering you?

Reply by RJE/MI on 4/2/10 9:14pm
Msg #330166

PM'd you Calnotary n/m

Reply by RJE/MI on 4/2/10 9:19pm
Msg #330167

I agree with you Calnotary

Thats why I'm so frustrated. Their fees were already the lowest I would ever accept in the first place.

Reply by TRG_wy on 4/3/10 10:03am
Msg #330199

And that is exactly why our fees have lost over a hundred dollars over the past ten years time.

Five dollars here, one dollar there adds up to a total devaluation of YOUR worth as a professional. Gee -

If a SS can't afford to stay in business then bye-bye. I sure haven't noticed any decrease in lending fees the borrowers are paying. Somebody is still pocketing that money.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.