Notary Rotary
The mailman just delivered another Census form
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by jba/fl on 4/13/10 2:32pm
Msg #331515

The enclosed letter said if I hadn't already filled it out and returned it, do it now "because U.S.. law requires you to respond." So, I waitid for the mailman to come up the other side of the street so I could ask if everyone got this notice. "No," but about 1/3 the neighborhood did judging from the stack still to be delivered.

Now, of course, I have to wonder: how many will fill out more than once? I have sent one, did they receive it? Should I do another or just wait to see if they can catch up with themselves? Will I get someone in person knocking on my door now?

More wasted $$$$$ is all I am really thinking.

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/13/10 2:39pm
Msg #331516

Do you mean you're only suppose to fill out one? I though it was one for EVERYONE in the household.? Okay, Okay...I'm kidding.. I must have the embosser blues.......

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 4/13/10 2:39pm
Msg #331517

They just do that as a matter of course. We were told to ignore it. So we shredded it. Only 54% of the people in our city have returned the forms.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 4/13/10 4:28pm
Msg #331534

I got a second one too. If I fill second one out do I get double benefits? LOL Guess I need to go back on my diet so I can again count as one person only Smile

Reply by Yowheelz on 4/13/10 7:04pm
Msg #331591

If you mailed one throw the other away

We were told in training that duplicates were sent to areas that had a low response in 2000. I know homes that got 3, they must have been an area of no response, not low response/

Reply by Doris_CO on 4/13/10 9:23pm
Msg #331606

Re: If you mailed one throw the other away

So, I'm sure there's others who have the same question I have. If more then one census form is sent in by the same person(s), how does the census bureau handle that? There are going to be people who fill out each form they receive and send it in.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/14/10 11:13am
Msg #331675

42 cents for a reminder is alot cheaper than $56 to

send a person. And, not sending people saves over $80 billion in tax dollars.

The Constitution requires an accrurate counting as possible, and all the fear-mongering against the Census is extremely counter-productive to our democracy.

Reply by jba/fl on 4/14/10 11:35am
Msg #331678

Re: 42 cents for a reminder is alot cheaper than $56 to

"all the fear-mongering against the Census is extremely "

How on earth did you get this thought? Relax a bit - nothing political intended on the work forum. I just know that lots of people here are doing work for the census now and thought they could enlighten me as to this, and they did. For all I know they didn't receive mine as April 2nd I visited my GD and forgot the form in her city. She was supposed to mail it but I couldn't reach her at the time so I checked here. As it turns out, she did mail, so I shred this new notice.

Please, keep the political in JP forum...let's all play nice over here. TIA

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/14/10 4:32pm
Msg #331721

Then stop with the "wasted taxpayer's money" thing. n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 4/14/10 4:35pm
Msg #331722

You can't quote what wasn't there... n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 4/14/10 6:06pm
Msg #331753

No, it wasn't an exact quote, but...

"More wasted $$$$$ is all I am really thinking."

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/14/10 6:53pm
Msg #331766

I'm working for the census as an enumerator

You people don't want to know the amount of waste that's going on...call this political if you will - I didn't realize it til I got involved this week, and especially today, my first day in the field....

Unbelievable...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.