Notary Rotary
Time Zones . . Unbelievable!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by parkerc/ME on 4/19/10 3:29pm
Msg #332355

So it's 4pm here. I get a call from one of my regular low-ball clients (although they always meet my non-low-ball fee).."We have a signing available in blank city (45 miles away) for today at 4pm. Can you do this one." Big unbelievable pause from me, but I am polite and say, this is Maine, it is already 4pm here now. "So does this mean you are unavailable for this signing?" Duh, well, yes unavailable. Second call like that from this client in the past 2 weeks. One more call like that and I'm going to have to remove them from my Golden Pen client list!

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 4/19/10 4:36pm
Msg #332371

Just imagine if you stayed in the same time zone all year round! (AZ is always on standard time).

Reply by Cari on 4/19/10 5:13pm
Msg #332376

perhaps you should've said yes...4pm Mars time...he he n/m

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/19/10 5:34pm
Msg #332378

I'd rather deal with that

than the time zone issue we have on the west coast - the phone ringing at 6 or 7 am because someone on the east coast forgot about the time difference.

Reply by CF on 4/19/10 6:58pm
Msg #332390

CaliNotary- just the opposite on this end....

putting your kid to bed 8-8:30pm and the phone is ringing -and you are running all over -and it turns in to utter chaos. Never fails....west coast companies calling until 10pm (sometimes). I am in eastern. I will have to say, a lot of good offers come in the evening.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 4/19/10 9:51pm
Msg #332434

Re: CaliNotary- just the opposite on this end....

I agree with Cali (naturally... Wink) You could always attach the phone to your hip on vibrate mode once the kids are in bed. But I reeeeally don't care for being awakened out of a sound sleep at oh-dark-nothing -- especially when I've been up late with signing appts and follow-up work. It's hard to have a meaningful conversation and remember what to ask when you're semi-conscious. (I keep paper and pen by the bed just in case - cause I'd never remember all the details otherwise. Smile)

Reply by parkerc/ME on 4/19/10 7:15pm
Msg #332396

Wish they'd require their schedulers to have a time zone chart in front of them before making calls. Too simple a solution for them I guess. (Or, then again, maybe too difficult for them.) But to turn around and ask me again on a 4pm call if that meant that I was unavailable for a 4pm signing. . that just beats stupidity. Glad they were "recording this for quality purposes". Next time I'll give them a more definite piece of my mind and hope the recording is listened to by someone with some brains.

Reply by MonicaFL on 4/20/10 6:57am
Msg #332466

I always ask where they are located and then inform them that I am in the Eastern time zone so I will need the docs by such and such a time (their time) or its a no go. Usually works.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.