Notary Rotary
Top 2 idiot notaries of the day
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Robert/FL on 4/8/10 7:12pm
Msg #330819

The first one notarized a jurat that said "Sworn to and subscribed before me by _______, who *did not* take an oath".

The second one, a California notary, presented with an affidavit that CLEARLY had a jurat on it, crossed it out and attached a California-complaint ACKNOWLEDGMENT instead of jurat.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/8/10 7:16pm
Msg #330820

and we can all tell stories of idiot notaries.

The ack instead of a jurat discussion is wearing a bit thin, doncha think!

what do you do all day, look through notary certificates to see what you can find to post about next?

Reply by MW/VA on 4/8/10 7:20pm
Msg #330821

I'm not quite getting the playing "notary police" either. Our responsibility is for our own actions.

Reply by Robert/FL on 4/8/10 7:23pm
Msg #330823

Just posting some things I came across

Is that not exactly what Linda did a few threads back about the notary who didn't put her seal?

Seems like you two are trying to "police" me.

Reply by LKT/CA on 4/8/10 7:31pm
Msg #330827

Re: Just posting some things I came across

MW/VA seemed to be sticking up for you.....and you've just insulted her.

Reply by Robert/FL on 4/8/10 7:34pm
Msg #330829

She wasn't sticking up for me

She was accusing me of being the "notary police".

Reply by LKT/CA on 4/8/10 7:41pm
Msg #330832

Re: She wasn't sticking up for me

That wasn't how I read it.....however, I'll let MW/VA clarify her post.

Reply by Cari on 4/8/10 9:25pm
Msg #330867

wish they could arrest your a$$ already... n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/8/10 8:27pm
Msg #330855

Re: AAAH idiot notaries of the day

California-complaint , I believe the word you want to use is California-compliant.

Reply by Cari on 4/8/10 9:24pm
Msg #330866

Sylvia, the question is where does he go to look these

up...?

Reply by desktopfull on 4/8/10 9:49pm
Msg #330876

Re: Sylvia, the question is where does he go to look these

He supposedly works for an attorney, so they are probably attached to docs coming into the law firm. At least he's smart enough to not reveal the names on the documents that are private and confidential yet.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/8/10 9:53pm
Msg #330877

Re: Sylvia, the question is where does he go to look these

Possibly makes them up himself to start another thread about acks that should be jurats.
Who knows???

Reply by SShoreDude on 4/9/10 8:49am
Msg #330924

Whats a Jurat????? JK n/m

Reply by Robert/FL on 4/8/10 8:01pm
Msg #330843

Sylvia - if you have such a problem with my posts

then please don't read them. Your criticism is not constructive, you are merely trying to insult and attack me and make me look like a fool to the rest of the members of this board.

We would be much better off if we skipped over each other's posts and avoided these ridiculous arguments. This board is an excellent reference for notaries and it is ridiculous to have to clutter them up with your petty insults.

Reply by desktopfull on 4/8/10 9:23pm
Msg #330865

Re: Sylvia - if you have such a problem with my posts

"Your criticism is not constructive, you are merely trying to insult and attack me.."

And who are you to decide what is or is not constructive.

"... and make me look like a fool to the rest of the members of this board...."

You do well enough on your own with posts like this.

"...This board is an excellent reference for notaries and it is ridiculous to have to clutter them up with your petty insults...."

But it's okay for you to fling around your petty insults. Why don't you take your own advice? You apparently don't like Sylvia's posts and nit pick at everything she posts including throwing out insults about her age and other things, quit reading her posts, she's only trying to give you information. Sylvia has probably forgotten more about notary law than you have ever learned. Your constant weekly posts about acknowledgements and jurats covering the same argument are repetitious and boring.

Reply by MW/VA on 4/8/10 9:33pm
Msg #330871

Exactly. How bold to start a post with "top 2 idiot

of the day" (and in whose opinion), and then get into defending it instead of accepting the
criticism. Yes, I mean to refer to Robert as "playing Notary police".

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/9/10 4:06am
Msg #330898

So, you're supporting incompetent Notaries Public?

Seems to me, that pointing out what those in this circle of Commissioned Public Notarizers do ineptly in all venues and circumstance, is a good reminder to all of us, to pay attention to details, and the Law, and our Ethos, and our Oath.

Notaries Public are commissioned by our States. Our Governments. Our word is not only our Bond, but our Duty.

A sacred Duty. We take and oath.

Reply by desktopfull on 4/9/10 10:22am
Msg #330948

Exactly what does throwing around insults have to do with

our duty as a Notary Public? You commend Robert for insulting Slyvia, and who is he to determine this: "2 Idiots of the Day." When did he get to determine what is or is not constructive posts on this forum. Again I ask, what does any of these actions have to do with our duty as a Notary Public. Not everyone is perfect, I am certain that we have all made mistakes, but that doesn't mean you get on a public forum and starting referring to them as "Idiots of the day". Maybe Robert could be up for that nomination since he potentially is giving information from a "confidential and private document" received by the law firm he works for, maybe not, but he doesn't say where he gets these errors he posts about. Maybe he just makes up the whole scenerio. Who knows. But I don't know how you construe this as "supporting incompetent Notaries Public."

Reply by jba/fl on 4/9/10 10:53am
Msg #330952

Agree, Susan. the glee club is really out today.

Ancedotes are posted here all the time about the stupidity, laziness, ignorance, etc. of others all the time. Sometimes under headings like "and they breed too", "are they nuts",
"incredulous" and so on.

Much Ado About Nothing.

Reply by desktopfull on 4/9/10 12:29pm
Msg #330980

Your right, Much Ado About Nothing.

Let the personal insults and name calling continue, some on the forum are a class act in their repudiation of fellow notaries.

Reply by jba/fl on 4/9/10 2:26pm
Msg #331010

Who is repudiating who?

Who is hurling insults? Have you not read this thread?

Of more importance than slamming Robert, why did almost no one comment on message #330704 wherein a notary exhibited less than stellar ethics and abuse of position because the customer "wouldn't know the difference?"

but is it so much better to stomp others for just posting something that he thought would be of interest as a cautionary tale. It is not like he is the first to do so either.

Reply by desktopfull on 4/9/10 2:51pm
Msg #331014

Re: Who is repudiating who?

My responses have been to Robert's post #330843 in this thread: "then please don't read them. Your criticism is not constructive, you are merely trying to insult and attack me and make me look like a fool to the rest of the members of this board.

We would be much better off if we skipped over each other's posts and avoided these ridiculous arguments. This board is an excellent reference for notaries and it is ridiculous to have to clutter them up with your petty insults." He also started the thread with "Top 2 idiot notaries of the day," but your right Much A Do About Nothing, let the insults continue. Promise not to stomp on poor Robert again he can hurl all the insults he wants, I won't be reading them.

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/9/10 6:59pm
Msg #331055

I'm with jba on msg #330704

"...why did almost no one comment on message #330704..."

I know. Wow.

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/9/10 7:02pm
Msg #331056

Re: I'm with jba on msg #330704 - as to Sylvia and Robert

I'm quiet on that front because I can't talk. It reminds me an awful lot of 2005's Match between BrendaTx and Korey H. That evolved into a nice ending, though...I think quite fondly of Korey. I hope he is doing well.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/9/10 3:36am
Msg #330897

It had to be said. Point to Robert/FL n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.