Notary Rotary
What would you do
Notary Discussion History

What would you do
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by DB/AK on 4/22/10 3:32pm
Msg #332888

What would you do

I had a closing last night for Citi., at 5:30 P.M.. Previously, 1.25 hours before, I had emailed and called to see where the docs were. No response. I called Citi again at5:30 to say, no docs, no closing but finally got through (automated nightmare) but not to the person I was in contact with handling this. Citi got me the docs and I went to borrowers and they signed. Okay, today first thing, I emailed and called to see where they want the docs to go back to. (Nothing in the docs to specify ) No response. I called again. Answer was; to send another email to the person (Title) and I did. I've emailed 7 times to 2 different people, the ones "handling" this and no response, via phone or email. Called Service Link (Title) and went to an voicemail that no name was listed. Help---I have the borrowers docs. They are sitting here waiting and too late to send out last night or today and I don't want the borrwers to get penalized but not sure what to do. Thank you.

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/22/10 3:38pm
Msg #332889

Keep those e-mails you sent! You will undoubtedly 'hear' about this so have your 'proof of performance' handy. And keep trying~~

Reply by Sam Ho on 4/22/10 3:44pm
Msg #332891

Call ServiceLink general #800-439-5451, someone will pick up the call.

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/22/10 3:45pm
Msg #332892

All of the citibanks I do have shipping labels included and of course sometimes they forget to include the label. recheck your package if you choose to make sure you didn't miss it. Then it's on them. IMO

Reply by LKT/CA on 4/22/10 3:43pm
Msg #332890

The last loan I signed, there was nothing in the confirmation or instructions where to send docs and the shipper account number so I looked on the HUD and there it was, title company, address and their FedEx acct number.

Check the HUD.

Reply by DB/AK on 4/22/10 3:56pm
Msg #332895

I have checked the HUD, called SL directly and they gave me the person handling Citi's docs and I just go straight to voice mail. I called Primerica Rep., no phone calls back. I've gone over the docs to see if the return address/shipping # is there. I don't even have a confirmation from Citi, nothing. I had the borrower's name, and Citi's guy I've been dealing with. Had to look up borrower's phone # in our phone book. They were expecting me but not an hour later after finally getting the docs. Frustrated that these docs are sitting here. Really, don't know what else to do. Been on the phone, emails, next phone call is Citi's Boss if I can find them on their web page. Thanks for YOUR help! At least someone is listening! I do appreciate it because my steam vent is still puffy!

Reply by HARRY_PA on 4/22/10 4:02pm
Msg #332898

For every signing I have done for SERVICELINK they have provided a UPS account number in the confirmation or instructions for next day return to their location. At one time they had split returns on Countrywide loans.

Harry

Reply by jba/fl on 4/22/10 4:08pm
Msg #332901

If, for some reason, you don't get the docs out today, someone will call you tomorrow wanting to know where they are as they will be expecting them then.

I have only had this happen once, many years ago, so I do know how you are feeling.

the docs go back to the Settlement Agent - you can put their address on the label in both places (sender/receiver) along with phone number and get them back that way. Do not put any of your personal info on the label though.

Have you done work for them in the past? If so, look for who is the shipping company and account number there.

I'm sure others may have further suggestions. But you, DB/AK need to let go of that panic...it is not good for your body's system. Some deep breaths should help. You are only as good as the information they provide you.

Reply by jba/fl on 4/22/10 3:51pm
Msg #332893

Do as everyone suggests, then consult Ouija board... n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 4/22/10 3:59pm
Msg #332896

I'm confused here. If SL was the tc, then you were working through them, correct.
How did you end up in direct communication (or non-communication, as the case is) with the lender? What a nightmare--to get stranded with a set of docs & no shipping instructions!

Reply by DB/AK on 4/22/10 4:13pm
Msg #332904

Citi contacts me and on the borrowers info (name and usually phone #) but the confirmation usually comes through SL which I have asked both Citi and SL to send me. Nothing. Usually, there is a prelabel or the address is given in the confirmation to send docs back. But, I have nothing, no confirmation, no address to send back. I guess I could send to SL but then all the what if's...what if they wanted it to go to Citi for once...what if their address has changed...what if the FedEx/UPS has changed.....that's not up for me to 2nd guess.

Reply by jba/fl on 4/22/10 4:17pm
Msg #332905

Re: What would you do n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 4/22/10 4:19pm
Msg #332906

You did this withut a confirmation? Who sent the docs to you?

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 4/22/10 4:22pm
Msg #332908

DB /AK Sent you a PM. I can prob get an addy for you n/m

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/22/10 5:12pm
Msg #332919

Re: DB /AK Sent you a PM. I did too, with info. n/m

Reply by dickb/wi on 4/22/10 4:28pm
Msg #332910

call the borrowers and get the # for their LO who can get a.

name and address etc for u.........

Reply by Notarysigner on 4/22/10 4:31pm
Msg #332912

Re: call the borrowers and get the # for their LO who can get a.

can you just imagine how the BWRs are gonna freak out when they get THAT call?

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 4/22/10 4:33pm
Msg #332913

The LO IS the Primerica rep that they have left msg for n/m

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 4/22/10 5:09pm
Msg #332916

Sorry, meant that the Primerica rep is the LO

After looking at my response it seems to come across a little snippy.

Reply by DB/AK on 4/22/10 5:21pm
Msg #332923

Re: The LO IS the Primerica rep that they have left msg for

I did call the Primerica rep. No response. Thankfully too, I did not try to send the docs to SL that is on the HUD. Didn't have the UPS acct. though but did get the confirmation, address to send to SL (different address than on the HUD) just now by email from SL, and I did not need to call the borrowers, which didn't want to do. Maybe I was a little impatient for all this but didn't want to be blamed for late docs by the lender. But I have my emails and phone calls and ready if they ask why it's late. Which now....they probably won't. THank you for replying. It's nice to hear your suggestions and I know that you probably have had similar situations and NR is here for us to help eachother out! Thanks again. Okay...I was very impatient and now breathing much easier!

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/22/10 10:12pm
Msg #332959

Well done, DB! Well done, indeed. n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 4/22/10 5:26pm
Msg #332927

I think there's an important business lesson in this. I

wouldn't go to a signing without a confirmation & instructions.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.